Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Brian & Barry\'s prop bet

Barry, could you give an example of a player getting away with murder early in their career. Would Neagreanu be an example? And how so? Abusing his low suited connectors his WPT play and his superdraws etc? His Delayed cont. bets?

Any examples or details would be cool. Thx.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:01 AM

Old 07-24-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry, could you give an example of a player getting away with murder early in their career. Would Neagreanu be an example? And how so? Abusing his low suited connectors his WPT play and his superdraws etc? His Delayed cont. bets?

Any examples or details would be cool. Thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to say anything negative about a particular player, but some just aren't that good, and in a WPT field where there are many groups that talk, the word gets out.

Patrik Antonius was terrorizing people last year in the few events that he played, but he told me that this year at the WSOP, no one would ever fold against him and he was getting reraised a lot and he wasn't having a good run of cards.

Jeff Madsen is a fast player and had the best 2006 WSOP. He's obviously not running near as well, but people may not be giving him credit for having hands like they did last year.

As for Daniel, he got a lot of great table draws in his landmark year of 2004. I don't know how many times I heard that Daniel had bad players drawing dead all-in early in tournaments. The next year, it seemed like he rarely got off to a good start. Also, he's got more distractions than he had then.

Barry
Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 AM

Barry ty for the posts. The first one was exactly what runs through my head, although I never knew how to word it. I feel live MTT players are better than Internet players. I am not talking about average players, we are talking about the guys who kill MTTs. Overall, I'd say on the net, AVERAGE cash and MTT players are much better than average live players.

Anyway, I have a question barry:

Would you make this same bet if it was cash games?
Wold you do it if it was conducted over the internet (with witnesses monitoring)? (giving the advantage to Internet players)

Ignoring any formats, and technicalities, in general:

If it was live cash match, who would you pick against SBrugby (obv he would pick himself), and do you think the edge would be greater than your MTT bet?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:02 AM

In the case of Patrik Antonius you are wrong. He was one of the top limit players online for years, and played the highest stakes available. So Antonius was a winning online player that became a winning live player not the other way around.
\
C'mon Barry what do you know about this Antonius guy? I suppose you have like played 100's of hours of live poker with him, and he even if you had the guy is from like Poland or something, he doesn't even speaka da english. Stop lying and let the fanboys tell us what really goes on in the poker world.

Now an honest ? for Barry, does it bother you that one of the people whose winnings you are booking against is a known cheat?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the case of Patrik Antonius you are wrong. He was one of the top limit players online for years, and played the highest stakes available. So Antonius was a winning online player that became a winning live player not the other way around.
\
C'mon Barry what do you know about this Antonius guy? I suppose you have like played 100's of hours of live poker with him, and he even if you had the guy is from like Poland or something, he doesn't even speaka da english. Stop lying and let the fanboys tell us what really goes on in the poker world.

Now an honest ? for Barry, does it bother you that one of the people whose winnings you are booking against is a known cheat?

[/ QUOTE ]

47????????? more like 7
Old 08-28-2007, 04:11 AM

this bet not looking good for brian at the moment, as barry is second in chips with 53 at the end of day 2 of WPT tourney going on now...45 cash so thats a lock...and barry might go very deep here...sorel and justin are both busted
Old 08-28-2007, 04:17 AM

I'm pretty sure Sorel did not play this event, fwiw.

SS
Old 08-28-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Sorel did not play this event, fwiw.

SS

[/ QUOTE ]
its worth quite alot making barrys finish mean nothing...thanks for clearing that up
Old 08-28-2007, 04:27 AM

Doesn't BG still get something because of Justin's participation in this event?