Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 05:17 PM

Default AQs line check

Still early in my session, no great reads.
I have 3 bet MP3 twice now (this is the third time in less than 2 orbits), once he folded to my flop c bet, 2nd time he flat called flop, c/r turn and I passed overcards no draw.
I havent seen his cards at showdown yet,on the river I am sure I am ahead, but dont know if he calls a worse Ace if I v bet, so I check behind to get a look at what he is playing.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
Old 11-09-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: AQs line check

i fire the turn.

people are going to peel this flop with all kinds of garbage and theres a good chance you are ahead.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fire the turn.

people are going to peel this flop with all kinds of garbage and theres a good chance you are ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be standard, however I didnt want to commit to calling 3 BB to see what mp3 has.

Given the VERY brief history between mp3 and me, what is your line if he c.r turn ? led river ?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i fire the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be standard, however I didnt want to commit to calling 3 BB to see what mp3 has.

Given the VERY brief history between mp3 and me, what is your line if he c.r turn ? led river ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you take this line frequently, ie giving up value bets to see what an opponent has, you are costing yourself way more than the information is worth.

Be patient and you'll get to see this players cards more than enough. More importantly, if you're already able to put your opponent on a reasonable range (ie "I know I'm beating him") then you have no reason to sacrifice bets to see his exact cards.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:46 PM

id bet/fold turn.

Checking the turn isnt always the best move when you have good chance to have best hand. When you check behind the turn MP will at times take a stab and lead the river, leaving you make a call with A high or call to catch a potential bluff, or fold...either way its a marginal call.