Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:03 PM

Default 400NL Difficult flop and turn decision, comments please

Villain is pretty unknown 25/22 over a small sample. He is obviously isolating the fish. Both other villain are very weak and loose therefore the coldcall preflop and flop lead.

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $246
CO: $498.50
BTN: $678
Hero (SB): $418.40
BB: $124
UTG: $548.60

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, MP calls $4, <font color="red">CO raises to $18</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $16, BB calls $14, MP calls $14

Flop: ($72) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $49</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $155</font>, Hero calls $106

Turn: ($382) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $325.50 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $245.40 and is All-In
Old 10-24-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: 400NL Difficult flop and turn decision, comments please

Don't post results.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:07 PM

As played on flop, turn is obv an instacall....i strongly dislike the flop flat tho
Old 10-24-2007, 01:08 PM

You think CO is isolating the fish. The answer isnt to call OOP from the SB, and then donk the flop.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:09 PM

I think I can get away on the flop. Your lead into 2 donks in a 4 way pot looks very strong, but he doesn't seem to care. I don't think he ever shows up with a lesser made hand or a bluff here. Once I get to the turn though I'm not going to get away, even though it theoretically doesn't change anything.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:24 PM

the only hand you're beating on the flop is KJ or QJ and it's unlikely that he's raising either on this flop. I think the flop is an easy fold and I would also bet more like 55 or 60 on this flop which will make your decision even easier if he raises. Turn I guess is a call as played but I try to avoid these spots. On the turn you're just praying he has AA or KJ.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only hand you're beating on the flop is KJ or QJ and it's unlikely that he's raising either on this flop. I think the flop is an easy fold and I would also bet more like 55 or 60 on this flop which will make your decision even easier if he raises. Turn I guess is a call as played but I try to avoid these spots. On the turn you're just praying he has AA or KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

So now we donk even larger on the flop??? WTF? Fold every hand we are ahead of; get action from those crushing us. Here CO, play perfect poker against me...
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]poker.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:38 PM

i would prb end up ck calling, ck calling, ck - vomit, prb call.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:02 PM

Ok. Sorry about the results, forgot to erase.

I should have folded the flop, but he had a flop aggression factor of 8 so I thought he might reraisebluff here some portion of the time. On the turn I knew I was beat when he bet but I couldnt fold.

I still think I took the optimal line though by calling preflop (no reason to isolate the only decent player) and the flop lead since the shortstackers would call or push a wide range and I would have an easy decision if CO folded.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I still think I took the optimal line though by calling preflop (no reason to isolate the only decent player) and the flop lead since the shortstackers would call or push a wide range and I would have an easy decision if CO folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel CO is raising light; 3-bet PrF. If not Fold. Calling is spewage. Your OOP, and more importantly, your relative position sux too. After calling PrF; shortie is pushing a wide range, so you want to bet and drive him out? If shortie checks, at least let the CO bet worse hands. You leading out, accomplishes none of the two.