Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 01:26 PM

Default AQ, between a tag and a short stack

BB is 15/4/4 AF
Button is unknown, but after he raises on the flop he's got 3 big blinds left.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero...
Old 11-04-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: AQ, between a tag and a short stack

I would have led the flop. BB will almost always raise (stacking off), which helps protect your hand if button is holding something like KT.

The main thing, though, is that you should be committed to showing this hand down.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:04 PM

I think that I may have preferred to bet the flop as opposed to check. If it had come back to you raised and 3-bet, then I think that you could have probably comfortably folded.

As it is, I think that a fold still looks right. BB is tight and has a low pf raise stat (over how many hands ?), so he could easily have AA or KK. I suppose that he could also have AK and that button could be stacking off with Qx.

Nonetheless, if you call the flop raise, BB may still 3-bet behind you and the button might cap.

So, as you are not closing the action, you are unsure whether you have the best hand or not, and seeing a showdown could be expensive, I think that I would fold to the flop raise.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:09 PM

:g:
I really want to 3-bet hoping to fold BB because the chance of Button stacking of is &gt; anything else. If your read is that BB is never joking here with the cap lead then I would fold.