Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2006, 11:46 AM

Default $0.25 / $0.50 PLO home game, flop action makes me sick

Mixed home game, playing our first round of PLO. Most of the other players in the hand are very inexperienced, and are primarily hold'em players. 9 players.

Hero is MP2 with $110, and [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]].
UTG+1 (straightforward player, overvalues overpairs and two pair hands) has ~ $100.
MP1 (tight player) has ~ $40.

UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, MP1 limps, Hero pots it, 2 callers behind, UTG+1 and MP3 both call.

Flop (~$15) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG+1 bets $7, MP1 raises to $25, Hero feels sick and folds. Standard? Comments?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:52 AM

Default Re: $0.25 / $0.50 PLO home game, flop action makes me sick

Seeing as you are holding two of your own outs and no other redraws, folding here is probably best.

It is very easy to overesimate your equity in these spots, especially when the effective stacks are not equal. You wouldn't really mind getting all-in 3-way for 40 each, but you don't want to call MP1s bet and then get raised all in by UTG (who would presumably have the nuts) and be a big dog.

The situation you would hate pass up though, is if UTG is playing something like a naked top two and is willing to get it all-in on that flop. Here you would be a big dog for the main pot, but a huge favorite for the side-pot. But, unless he is a total donk, this situation isn't going to happen all that frequently.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Re: $0.25 / $0.50 PLO home game, flop action makes me sick

If I had one or two more outs I would probablly call. This stinks, oh well.