Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 AM

Default TT in annoying spot

Villain is 42/20, no history. Probably a fish since the stats are over a reasonable sample. His other stats suggest he is fairly aggro but not insane or anything.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($594.42)
Hero ($435)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($388)</font>
SB ($82.66)
BB ($400)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, Button calls $16, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($38) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $85</font>, Hero ???
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: TT in annoying spot

A line I've been tinkering with lately is to min 3bet the flop and shove the turn. Nothing worse then letting 88 off the hook here by calling with the intention of cr, hitting a semi scare cards (like a broadway), then having him check behind and just calling our riv bet with a 88 he'd felt anyway. Also there's a good chance he plays 78 like a dumbass too and call the turn after our flop min 3bet.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:25 AM

w/e I usually just 3bet here. Art's idea is kinda sexy.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A line I've been tinkering with lately is to min 3bet the flop and shove the turn. Nothing worse then letting 88 off the hook here by calling with the intention of cr, hitting a semi scare cards (like a broadway), then having him check behind and just calling our riv bet with a 88 he'd felt anyway. Also there's a good chance he plays 78 like a dumbass too and call the turn after our flop min 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is he raising 88?

i call and re-eval turn...
Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is he raising 88?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because 42/20s don't tend to be the best at teh pokers.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why is he raising 88?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because 42/20s don't tend to be the best at teh pokers.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol true, but i still doubt they raise 88 like that, if they raise 88 i bet its a min raise
Old 10-03-2007, 12:50 AM

What worse hands from loose aggressive opponents will just call a cb on this flop? I think he will fold or raise to your cb just about every time. Many times he'll probably raise with worse than TT. But if you check, he'll bet with worse than TT more times. So, I'm not sure what bet/fold accomplishes. But bet/call now builds a pretty big pot OOP, and then c/f at the turn seems pretty weak, while b/f the turn seems like spew, and committing for stacks seems bad too.

So why not c/c the flop with a plan to bet/fold the turn, especially a turn with a J-A on it (representing at least top-pair)?

Or maybe c/r the flop with a plan to fold to a push? Then, if he callse the c/r, either c/f or just push the turn depending on what it is and what you think he calls a c/r with.

As played, fold is probably ok if you don't want to commit to playing a big pot OOP because you don't think you have sufficient equity with your tens vs his raising range on this flop. If you raise, his worse hands fold and better hands call. If you call, then bet the pot on the turn, he can push and you're in an even tougher spot because the pot is now offering pretty good pot odds to call but you're probably behind. If you call, then c/f the turn, he just wins the amount you called with the same better/worse hand he'd raised with in the first place.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:52 AM

Albert - sooo [censored] weak. We have the best hand soo much and he calls with like any pair, gutshots, overs, Ahigh.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:40 AM

Is stackadonk a viable line here?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What worse hands from loose aggressive opponents will just call a cb on this flop? I think he will fold or raise to your cb just about every time. Many times he'll probably raise with worse than TT. But if you check, he'll bet with worse than TT more times. So, I'm not sure what bet/fold accomplishes. But bet/call now builds a pretty big pot OOP, and then c/f at the turn seems pretty weak, while b/f the turn seems like spew, and committing for stacks seems bad too.

So why not c/c the flop with a plan to bet/fold the turn, especially a turn with a J-A on it (representing at least top-pair)?

Or maybe c/r the flop with a plan to fold to a push? Then, if he callse the c/r, either c/f or just push the turn depending on what it is and what you think he calls a c/r with.

As played, fold is probably ok if you don't want to commit to playing a big pot OOP because you don't think you have sufficient equity with your tens vs his raising range on this flop. If you raise, his worse hands fold and better hands call. If you call, then bet the pot on the turn, he can push and you're in an even tougher spot because the pot is now offering pretty good pot odds to call but you're probably behind. If you call, then c/f the turn, he just wins the amount you called with the same better/worse hand he'd raised with in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not one of those mean guys that makes fun of idiots...but this is all pretty bad

checking the flop gives up so much value and is sooooooooo exploitable

as to the stack a donk line...its viable if villain really is a HUGE donk