Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Ideal VPIP/PFR/AF for 6-max?

One might argue that this is an impossible question to answer, because of variation in types of opponents on differing limits/sites and preferred playing styles. What I'm curious about is what you feel is ideal for the conditions you are playing in. Conversely, it's interesting to know what types of stats losing players in your environment usually post.

For me, playing a reasonably laggy style at limits ranging from €1/€2 to €3/€6, against a typical mix of loose aggro and loose passive opponents (with the occasional nit mixed in sometimes), I've found that 45/15/1.2 have worked fairly well. These numbers basically translate to that I often like to take flops in position without raising it up, and rely on the generally poor skill level of my opponents to outplay them postflop.

It also indicates that early position raises are very common in the games I play, and I often find myself wanting to take a flop with a mediocre to slightly good hand in position without opening up the betting again. Might be a leak?

The aggression factor is deceptively low because of my somewhat passive preflop play. Without PF numbers included my Total AF is close to 5.

Typically, the biggest losers in my games have VPIP's over 60 and low levels of aggression - no big surprise there I guess.

This might be a retarded idea for a thread, but hopefully it can generate some interesting discussion about optimal play in a general sense under given circumstances.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Ideal VPIP/PFR/AF for 6-max?

This is my "hit by the deck" 6 handed table stats from a few weeks ago.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:58 PM

At those levels, let´s not call ~$2.35 per hand nothing special. Close to $10 per hand is maybe something you should aim to at good session.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:09 PM

Sustainable?

Anyway, I find the similarity between mine and Ribbo's VPIP/PFR interesting. I think we might just have happened upon the secret formula for winning PLO here!

Edit: PS! Don't be so secretive about your stats ColdDecker. Sharing is caring!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've found that 45/15/1.2 have worked fairly well. These numbers basically translate to that I often like to take flops in position without raising it up, and rely on the generally poor skill level of my opponents to outplay them postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at 44.5/16.5 and play more aggressively post flop too. I'm surprised though that I almost never run into someone else with the same type of stats. The one exception is Ribbo, who before he runs away, has struck me as having a similar playing style.

It seems to me that of the longtime posters who post here seem to have something more like 30/~15-18. I really try to get rid of of the extra 15% of hands that they aren't playing because deep down I feel like this is a leak. But often I feel that I have a mark at a table and I'm waiting for the perfect script to play itself out and I'm willing to play lesser hands.

But even this has it's upper limits as I don't think I've ever seen a longtime winner post that they play more than a 50% VPIP.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've found that 45/15/1.2 have worked fairly well. These numbers basically translate to that I often like to take flops in position without raising it up, and rely on the generally poor skill level of my opponents to outplay them postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at 44.5/16.5 and play more aggressively post flop too. I'm surprised though that I almost never run into someone else with the same type of stats. The one exception is Ribbo, who before he runs away, has struck me as having a similar playing style.

It seems to me that of the longtime posters who post here seem to have something more like 30/~15-18. I really try to get rid of of the extra 15% of hands that they aren't playing because deep down I feel like this is a leak. But often I feel that I have a mark at a table and I'm waiting for the perfect script to play itself out and I'm willing to play lesser hands.

But even this has it's upper limits as I don't think I've ever seen a longtime winner post that they play more than a 50% VPIP.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been meaning to make a post about this. All the biggest winners in my regular game (1/2 plo 6 max on FTP) have VPIP 30-35 and PFR of 20 dead on. The biggest losers are generally super passive (PFR < 10). In comparing VPIP ranges for players in my database, it seems that the 30 to 45 disparity is largely position-driven, i.e. 30 - 35 players tighten up significantly upfront, whereas the types of hands played in late position is pretty similar. Once you get past 50-55 the quality of the starting hands goes way down. That said, I've datamined some higher stakes players, who play at like 55/25 and are very successful. Oh, to be a post flop expert.
As an aside, how do I go about getting a screen shot of my PTO? Would like to post some stats but don't know how.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:34 PM

I've been playing 37/19 lately. I'm shocked to see that I'm playing tighter than Ribbo now although I suppose I do fold a few marginally profitable hands sometimes just because I have a big decision at another table or the phone rang or something and I don't want to deal with them. I don't think the optimal number's for VPIP's any higher than 40 though.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
although I suppose I do fold a few marginally profitable hands sometimes just because I have a big decision at another table or the phone rang or something and I don't want to deal with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows the standard way to play when the phone rings or pizza man is here or interesting sports play on tv or baby is choking on something is to call call call all the way to the river. The best offense is a good defense.

It's also impossible for your opponents to know when these things are happening; therefore, it adds a bit of randomness to your game.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows the standard way to play when the phone rings or pizza man is here or interesting sports play on tv or baby is choking on something is to call call call all the way to the river. The best offense is a good defense.

[/ QUOTE ]
loool funny stuff
if you have bankroll enough ; )))

im playing PL25/50
first time i played about 50% of hands but after i realized its too much, and tried to tight down to 40-45. after few thousand hands i realised i cant still overbluff all the morons with such wide range of games i participate. Now im playing about 29-34 wpip and i think its close to the ideal in my limits (even its not comfortable for me) I recommend to 25-50 limits have a such wpip range, because you will get an extra 25% of tought decisions, which wouldnt be so tought to your opponents.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
although I suppose I do fold a few marginally profitable hands sometimes just because I have a big decision at another table or the phone rang or something and I don't want to deal with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also impossible for your opponents to know when these things are happening; therefore, it adds a bit of randomness to your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, funniest thing I've read on 2+2 in a long time. Nice work Troll.