Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Power losers

My friend invented this category of people. It basically means people with little or no income or focus, who demand the resources AND respect of other people and have zero shame in obtaining it. They're aggressive about it, and gravitate towards people that can't defend themselves.

The biggest power loser I've ever met is named Rob. I met him four years ago when a communist group I was a member of organized a road trip from LA to San Francisco. We were sending people up to volunteer at a block party event called "immigrant pride day" (it coincided with may day)

Rob somehow heard about it, so he showed up. We didn't flyer for it, and it wasn't open to the public. Nonetheless, he simply showed up att he outdoor meeting place where we were leaving from. We let him come, because we thought it would give us a chance to recruit him. He bummed cigarettes for the whole ride up. I bet he smoke 10-12 in a 5 and a half hour ride. He also said he had no money for gas or food. We were able to feed him a little during the trip.

On the way back home, he went to the convenience store, and bought himself a bunch of snacks. That's when I knew he was a scumbag.

A couple years later, I quit communist organizing and started playing poker. I take a break from 4 tabling 2/4 LHE to walk to the corner 7/11. A cute busty thin blond girl is there with a couple guys, and I'm pretty sure I recognize her from somewhere, so I chat her up. I invite her back to my place, and she agrees, but the two other guys come too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

While we're hanging out, I feed them, and give them some beers. They stay for a few hours, and then take off. But I got the girl's number. I go out with her a couple more times, but one of the times, Rob comes along. I met them all at a bar. I'm trying to get her out of the bar, and into a situation where I can do the no pants dance.

Unfortunately, that included a detour to the supermarket. Rob follows me to the cash register, and throws a bottle of JD on there in addition to the Sky vodka I picked out. When it comes time to pay, he hands me 7 dollars. The bottle was at least 15, but I make up the difference, because it's not a lot of money, and I'm trying to nail his friend.

We end up hanging out in a vacant UCLA student dorm that we got the keys to for a while, because another girl thought it would be very cool. These three black dudes invite themselves to come along, because they are also trying to sex up the blonde girl I am after. After sitting through 90 minutes of playing retarded drunken round robin games, I get the girl to take off and luckily the black dudes excuse themselves to go elsewhere.

We drive up into topanga canyon, and by the time we are in the mountains, it's starting to get light. The mountains are covered in fog as far as you can see. It feels like you're in heaven up there because you're so high up, and all you can see is pure white.

So I get up on top of the girl's car, and try to make moves on her, but I'm significantly distracted by rob, who is chucking rocks off of the mountains. This dude with who he is staying doesn't join into the rock throwing, so Rob starts calling him a vag. He's yelling at him "throw some ROCKS!" The guy doesn't want to but Rob is making a big deal of it.

They end up yelling at eachother, and the dude says Rob isn't welcome on the couch anymore. At that point, Rob tries to fight the guy. I have to stop them, but I nearly get punched doing it. Naturally, we decide it's time to just go home.

On the way back, Rob sits in front, and I sit in back with Rob's semi friend. Rob tries to punch the guy from the front seat, and I have to stop him while the car is in motion. As soon as we get into town, we're trying to get rob out of the car. He refuses to get out, and we can't get the cops involved because everyone in the car is drunk, especially ther driver.

We end up going to eat at denny's, and Rob insists on coming with. I'm pretty sure he got someone to buy him food while we were there too.

extra notes: rob has really long hair, and a beard. He's 32 years old, wears sandals, and has a 10 year old son somewhere.

Can you think of a bigger power loser?

I have a pick of him somewhere. I'll find it and put it up if I can.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Power losers

[ QUOTE ]
I met him four years ago when a communist group I was a member of

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He bummed cigarettes for the whole ride up. I bet he smoke 10-12 in a 5 and a half hour ride. He also said he had no money for gas or food. We were able to feed him a little during the trip.

On the way back home, he went to the convenience store, and bought himself a bunch of snacks. That's when I knew he was a scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, Communism.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wears sandals

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS IS NOT SIGNIFICANT NOT ALL SANDAL WEARERS ARE SCUMBAGS [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 05:08 AM

How did Rob suddenly come back into the picture after all those years? Was he friends with the cute blonde?
Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How did Rob suddenly come back into the picture after all those years? Was he friends with the cute blonde?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob was "friends" with the dude whose place he was crashing at. That dude (Carl I think) was friends with the girl. The girl had nothing to do with the commie group I was in. It's just a matter of pure chance that Rob pwned me 2x. That would be sweet if I could get him back sometime. Especially since I plan on getting pretty good at martial arts. I've been training for seven months, and I think I could take him w/o any training, but I'd still prefer to be much more skilled so I could ruin his ass properly.

It'd be pretty easy to get him to swing on me, since he's apparently a very violent drunkard.

extra note: he's a self styled hippy and former president of the yoga club at school. lol.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wears sandals

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS IS NOT SIGNIFICANT NOT ALL SANDAL WEARERS ARE SCUMBAGS [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

qft.

anyway, this was my favorite part of this very rambly story:

[ QUOTE ]

A couple years later, I quit communist organizing and started playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

talk about a change in ideology!
Old 03-09-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The girl had nothing to do with the commie group I was in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Beauty and brains, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I had a friend kinda like yours. Name was Don. I don't talk to him anymore.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:00 AM

Thank you for fully describing my least favorite kind of person.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wears sandals

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's hating on hippies, ban obv
Old 03-09-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A couple years later, I quit communist organizing and started playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

talk about a change in ideology!

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, seriously. Common ownership vs. taking peoples' money