Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

[ QUOTE ]
Larry's wife is so underrated...she is fantastic. And I want to marry her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, what is up with Cheryl Hines. If I saw her on the street and had never seen Curb she would not even enter my consciousness. But now I would kill a drifter to have relations with this 41 year old woman (I am 24).

Maybe it was the roadhead episode. Or the numb vagina episode. Or maybe I just admire that her fictional character still loves/copulates with such a neurotic ahole.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, what is up with Cheryl Hines. If I saw her on the street and had never seen Curb she would not even enter my consciousness. But now I would kill a drifter to have relations with this 41 year old woman (I am 24).

Maybe it was the roadhead episode. Or the numb vagina episode. Or maybe I just admire that her fictional character still loves/copulates with such a neurotic ahole.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't get it either. I used to think she was unattractive, but after getting into Curb, I've done a complete 180...she's [censored] sexy.

I love the KEK ep, but I still think the Survivor ep is my favorite. The whole thing about the rabbi's brother-in-law dying uptown on 9/11 was absolutely fantastic, and there are so many great one-liners in the ep, too. Can't wait for the new season.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I loved Seinfeld the show, however, I have never once found any of his stand-up routines on the show to be even remotely funny (the clips they usually show when the show is starting or ending). If his stand-up routine is anything like they make it out to be on the show, then I don't see how he is a popular comedian (in a comedy club setting).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, his comedy is god awful.

You know how people make fun of the Seinfeld-style comedy "What's the deal with peanuts?" - his standup is exactly like that. It's just cringe-worthy. I mean he had kind of a nice presence, a sort of relaxed goofyness that worked well, but it's not like anybody is watching tapes of old Seinfeld stand up acts.

Jerry is one unbelievably lucky mofo for hooking up with the real comedy genius that is Larry David.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:55 AM

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in and say this is the funniest show in the history of television.

"He implied I was lying about my stepfather"

"You don't have a stepfather"

"Well yeah, but I resent the implication"
Old 07-20-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't get it either. I used to think she was unattractive, but after getting into Curb, I've done a complete 180...she's [censored] sexy.

I love the KEK ep, but I still think the Survivor ep is my favorite. The whole thing about the rabbi's brother-in-law dying uptown on 9/11 was absolutely fantastic, and there are so many great one-liners in the ep, too. Can't wait for the new season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if it an upgrade from Maria, but no way Kumar is pulling this type of trim
Old 07-20-2007, 01:25 AM

I was/am a massive fan of Seinfeld, and definitly of Jerry's Standup, although, not the clips they show on the episodes. He's one of my top 3 favorite comedians though.

Speaking of stand up - did Larry David ever do a kind of special? I know this was the pilot episode, where he was supposed to film it, and his standup was AWESOME, wanted to hear more? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wtsWzeL2qc

As for Curb - I'm glad someone started this thread, I was going to a while back when I was re-watching, but figured I'd get yelled at for starting "another" curb thread, is this the first?

Anyways, it's awesome. Takes Seinfeld to an enitre different level I think. Better filming, and the dialouge is basically all improvised. Huge fan of that. Favorite episode for me is the Ski Lift, as someone else said. When he pretends to speak Yiddish and just mumbles gibberish, its great.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:47 AM

OSCARRRRRRR YOU'RE EATING A DOGGGGGGGG
Old 07-20-2007, 02:00 AM

Yea the latest season felt much more scripted or something. I've seen HBO plugging a new season but haven't heard anything about it other than that.

I still find it funny how my grandmother, an 85 year old woman who finds almost everything offensive, thought the Baptism episode was one of the funniest things she's ever seen.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea the latest season felt much more scripted or something. I've seen HBO plugging a new season but haven't heard anything about it other than that.

I still find it funny how my grandmother, an 85 year old woman who finds almost everything offensive, thought the Baptism episode was one of the funniest things she's ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last show I would have somebody watch who gets offended easily would be CYE.

Also I agree that Seinfeld's standup is far from great, but it did work really well within the show with Larry's presence. I think there is a noticeable difference in the show after Larry left, specifically in George. He went from being a pretty genius character to really annoying in most post-larry episodes. The show just lost a lot when Larry left, imo, seemed much more forced. In some of the older Seinfeld episodes it absolutely amazed me how clever the show was and how in depth some of the matierial was when everything seemed to come together smoothly. This is why I watch this show all the time still to this day having seen every episode seemingly dozens of times, every scene is full of brilliant writing with an amazing cast. Once you lose the brilliant writing though the cast can really only do so much.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:08 AM

When did Larry leave Seinfeld, what season?