Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2006, 10:08 AM

Default facing two cold on the river with a flush

BB is pretty stupid. 55/6/.7

CO bought in short stacked and made this comment sometime during the session: "I didn't know there were so many fishes at the Party high limit tables". That's all I know.

PP 5/10

Hero has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the sb.

CO open limps, button limps, hero compleates, bb checks.

FLOP: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, BB calls, CO calls, Btn folds.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, BB calls, Co raises, Hero three bets, BB calls, CO caps, all call.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets, BB raises, CO three bets, Hero...
this might not be interesting...
Old 02-07-2006, 10:19 AM

Default Re: facing two cold on the river with a flush

calls and sees a lot of naked kings plenty of the time.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:28 AM

Well, pot is big so I think this warrants a call as there's only 3 flushes that beat you (j, q, and k high). BB could definately be donking it up with a king here instead of looking for the overcall. pot odds are laying you pretty good deal so I look him up and expect to see another flush. just hope yours is high enough (it IS a limped pot).
Old 02-07-2006, 11:08 AM

I can't believe people are advocating calling here. It's so rare to see a higher flush particularly since the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is on the board. BB more than likely has a king, and CO was mad aggressive on the turn without the flush, so I'm not putting him on that either. Sure he might semi-bluff raise the turn with the FD, but I doubt he semi-bluff caps it. KQ looks possible.

Cap it, jam it, pump it up, and whatnot. You have the best hand here way too often not to push this.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:31 AM

I'd cap this river for the same reasons Dave G gave, although i'm not sure CO has KQ, i'd have guessed this gets raised preflop. I'd go more for K9.

The thing with this hand is you have to cap because they will both call anyway and if you dont and just call, bb will cap hands that beat you and you cant fold. I hope this makes sense, cant think of a better way of explaining it.

Edit to add, you hand doesnt look like a flush.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:47 AM

Puke into a hat a call. I think your seeing an overplayed K here alot by one of the players. Pot is big to fold even capped 3 way on the river.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe people are advocating calling here. It's so rare to see a higher flush particularly since the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is on the board. BB more than likely has a king, and CO was mad aggressive on the turn without the flush, so I'm not putting him on that either. Sure he might semi-bluff raise the turn with the FD, but I doubt he semi-bluff caps it. KQ looks possible.

Cap it, jam it, pump it up, and whatnot. You have the best hand here way too often not to push this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree. This pot isn't "too big to fold," it's yours most of the time. Cap it and be happy.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:59 PM

folding should not even be an option. I myself would cap but calling isnt bad imo.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:03 PM

EDIT: for some reason when i first read this i thought OP was thinking about folding. Of course capping is a good play unless you have an uber-passive read or someone has played the hand like a K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] flush draw, which they haven't.

Cap away.