Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

Boris, which parts of 'Wanna make a bet? I'm gonna kill 'em' and 'Bang you're dead' makes you think he wasn't intending to kill these guys?

What part of his constant 'I can't get them get away with this', 'They have a bag of loot.....this is ridiculous' etc makes you believe he wasn't trying to confront them for vigilante reasons?

Believing that he has the right to take out burglars is a legit point of view. I don't agree with it, but it's legit. But listening to that phone call and coming away with the belief that he went outside solely because his property was under serious threat, took every possible precaution to avoid injuring these guys, and fired only because he was threatened and there was no other to protect himself, is extraordinary.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:12 PM

I am not going to lose any sleep over the loss of these two scumbags. I hope the guy gets off, and I hope nobody else in his neighborhood gets robbed for the foreseeable future.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:27 PM

diablo - yes
Old 11-28-2007, 07:13 PM

He waited until the robbers were fleeing to step in, so it's not like he was blood thirsty. His intentions seem pretty clear. He wanted to protect his neighbor's property and not let criminals get away. His life is > their lives and they could be armed, so he is a little trigger happy.

There's almost 0% chance the robbers were pranksters or anything else of the sort. I'm sure Texans in upscale neighborhoods are that close to two low income black guys??

The guy probably saved a few lives by doing this. If the criminals tried to rob the house when someone was home unexpectedly, what are the chances of them shooting the home owner? What are the chances these guys commit another crime when they get away with this? What are the chances they kill someone next time? What about all the other criminals or would-be criminals that hear about this and think again?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

To be honest I have no problem with what the guy did. I think that shooting people robbing houses isnt a real bad thing for society to have. Things like calling the guy a hero are what is completely baffling to me.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest I have no problem with what the guy did. I think that shooting people robbing houses isnt a real bad thing for society to have. Things like calling the guy a hero are what is completely baffling to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well not to be a nit but they were burglarizing an empty house, burglary<robbery. That's an important distinction. Protecting your own house with deadly force is completely fine with me, but going around taking the law into your own hands over a "bag of loot" is going way too far. The two thieves were probably scum bags, but people don't have the right to just go around greasing those they determine to be scum bags.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well not to be a nit but they were burglarizing an empty house, burglary<robbery. That's an important distinction. Protecting your own house with deadly force is completely fine with me, but going around taking the law into your own hands over a "bag of loot" is going way too far. The two thieves were probably scum bags, but people don't have the right to just go around greasing those they determine to be scum bags.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen any mention of the guys being unarmed. Were they?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 PM

Fly,

"This thread is an embarrassment to EDF, fwiw."

How so?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:16 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its pretty sweet that burglars now have to worry about getting shot a bit more than they once had.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 PM

911 guy: "Don't go outside", "stay in your house" etc

a little while later, after the shootings:
Shooter: "I had no choice..."
yeah, the house was burning you had to go outside
Closed Thread