Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Got barred from the Rio!!!!! lol harraments

I'm a soft spoken mid-stakes grinder (limit/NL). I'm playing 2/5. Missisippi straddle, i limp in mp w/ JTs. 5 to flop of Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Checks to me, with only the straddle left to act. I bet 45 into 50. Straddle (who is a total stuck donk) goes all-in for 260. BB in the hand relunctantly calls all-in for 205. Folds to me, closing action, with 215 to call.

Now, I'm not too concerned with the donk, but the BB is an old guy who seems tight. So I am naturally concerned about the nut flush draw (but I still have a gut-shot, and a pair draw maybe). So I think for a minute, at which point I ask the dealer (since I am closing the action) if i could turn my hand face-up. Dealer calls floor, who agrees. I turn up a J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], for a gut-shot and flush draw. The all-in player calls a clock (fine).

Suddenly, the floor starts counting from 10...(9,8,7). I don't know what to do. I ask the floor if i have a minute from when the clock is called. He keeps counting down to zero, and my hand is dead.

I'm steamed, I say that's a "bull-****" ruling, and I'm cashing out". I ask floor why he didn't give me a full minute, and he says he did (though 8 people at the table agree that he didn't).

After I cash out, I approach the floor, and ask for his name so I can file a complaint (if I see fit). His supervisor is standing next to him (great), so I explain camly that I thought I was treated unfairly with the clock (should've announced 1min, 30 sec. etc.) and then floor asks the supervisor if he gave me a 1:10. Floor says he did, so supervisor says "end of story."

I am a law student, and have a very quiet personality. So I respond that "I think that was a terrible ruling, and you've just lost yourself a customer." To which the supervisor replies, "security." Now the security guy comes, and tells me to leave. I respond that I am leaving and that I shouldn't be treated in this way, as I was calm and never once directed profanity towards a Harrah's employee nor raised my voice to them. The supervisor then said I was barred for 24 hrs, and unless I left in 10s I would be barred from all Harrah's properties forever. He started counting, with the security guard beside him "10, 9, 8...."

I left, without another word.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Harrah's.

Please all poker players, I've paid the juice from 2 WSOP events, and numerous cash games to Harrah's, please join me in a boycott of their cash games at the Rio (which were rather tight and aggressive compared to the strip). Let's for once say that enough is enough, I for one have. I hope the numerous instances of atrocious customer service is enough for them to actually lose customers (the only way they [might] notice).

(edit: this happened about an hour or two ago)
Old 07-12-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Got barred from the Rio!!!!! lol harraments

Who's really going to help you boycott Rio cash games? Who would even notice if people did? Who cares about that or this post?

Lesson learned: dont be a donk and waste time like you're at the ME final table. If you cant make a decision in less than 15 seconds you suck. Period.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:25 AM

I'm a mslhe player. I don't tank for several minutes. I literally got 20 secs. from floor. That is all.

btw. They couldn't even fill one 10/20 Lhe table, plus they had open seating at 5/10 and 2/5 NL all day, so the boycott is unnecessary, and besides the point.

The point is that Harrahs sucks, their floor's suck, and their customer service is atrocious.

I might go rail the ME tom., but i won't play cash games there anymore (is the point).
Old 07-12-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: [b]Got barred from the Rio!!!!![/b] lol harraments

[ QUOTE ]
please join me in a boycott of their cash games at the Rio

[/ QUOTE ]

if you cant even figure out which forum your supposed to post this story in, then how am I supposed to trust your story? (moved from B&M to WSOP/Tourny forum).

I think you need to take a day off, calm down, and get over it. Your making a mountain out of a molehill, its not like we haven't heard about bad decisions at the WSOP yet - you knew what you were getting into when you decided to play there today. Take a break, breathe, and go play somewhere else.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a soft spoken mid-stakes grinder (limit/NL). I'm playing 2/5. Missisippi straddle, i limp in mp w/ JTs. 5 to flop of Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Checks to me, with only the straddle left to act. I bet 45 into 50. Straddle (who is a total stuck donk) goes all-in for 260. BB in the hand relunctantly calls all-in for 205. Folds to me, closing action, with 215 to call.

Now, I'm not too concerned with the donk, but the BB is an old guy who seems tight. So I am naturally concerned about the nut flush draw (but I still have a gut-shot, and a pair draw maybe). So I think for a minute, at which point I ask the dealer (since I am closing the action) if i could turn my hand face-up. Dealer calls floor, who agrees. I turn up a J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], for a gut-shot and flush draw. The all-in player calls a clock (fine).

Suddenly, the floor starts counting from 10...(9,8,7). I don't know what to do. I ask the floor if i have a minute from when the clock is called. He keeps counting down to zero, and my hand is dead.

I'm steamed, I say that's a "bull-****" ruling, and I'm cashing out". I ask floor why he didn't give me a full minute, and he says he did (though 8 people at the table agree that he didn't).

After I cash out, I approach the floor, and ask for his name so I can file a complaint (if I see fit). His supervisor is standing next to him (great), so I explain camly that I thought I was treated unfairly with the clock (should've announced 1min, 30 sec. etc.) and then floor asks the supervisor if he gave me a 1:10. Floor says he did, so supervisor says "end of story."

I am a law student, and have a very quiet personality. So I respond that "I think that was a terrible ruling, and you've just lost yourself a customer." To which the supervisor replies, "security." Now the security guy comes, and tells me to leave. I respond that I am leaving and that I shouldn't be treated in this way, as I was calm and never once directed profanity towards a Harrah's employee nor raised my voice to them. The supervisor then said I was barred for 24 hrs, and unless I left in 10s I would be barred from all Harrah's properties forever. He started counting, with the security guard beside him "10, 9, 8...."

I left, without another word.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Harrah's.

Please all poker players, I've paid the juice from 2 WSOP events, and numerous cash games to Harrah's, please join me in a boycott of their cash games at the Rio (which were rather tight and aggressive compared to the strip). Let's for once say that enough is enough, I for one have. I hope the numerous instances of atrocious customer service is enough for them to actually lose customers (the only way they [might] notice).

(edit: this happened about an hour or two ago)

[/ QUOTE ]

As best as I can tell, your own story seems to suggest about 2-3 minutes minimum, most likely 3 or more. There's the initial minute of deep thought, the discussion, the time to summon the floor and have him come over, the conversation and the ruling, the time to ham it up with the face up cards while the last minute starts and runs, and then, eventually, the final 10 second countdown. The other players must have been really annoyed.

It sounds to me like a fair ruling, and a good one - and everybody else was probably relieved to finally get another hand in after your little intermission.

You're playing in a poker room, not auditioning for your first film role. The floor did his job: he's responsible for ensuring that the games run, not for providing a public platform for you to fulfill your Hollywood fantasy.

Finally, one really has to wonder whether a disinterested observer would agree that you handled yourself quietly and respectfully leading up to your final conversation before being asked to leave. From what I've seen, it's not easy for a player to be booted; you not only need to be obnoxious, but you need to be persistent about it.

The question is, will you learn the right lessons after you sleep on it for a night?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:50 AM

You should have snap called and none of this would have happened.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if you cant even figure out which forum your supposed to post this story in, then how am I supposed to trust your story? (moved from B&M to WSOP/Tourny forum).

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully disagree. This has very little to do with WSOP or the Tournament Circuit and should be moved back to Brick and Mortar.

Now can the OP contact gaming control and have them run a clock on the floor persons count down?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:52 AM

any little nit who has to think about making that call should be barred from life
Old 07-12-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any little nit who has to think about making that call should be barred from life

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have to give you any warning except the 10 count.
Closed Thread