Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Any better lines on flop?

No read on opp. I had been playing a pretty solid LAG game recently. I wouldn't expect my opp. to do this with a draw. I was pretty confident at the time; anyone think I should play it differently? My only huge dread would be a set/two-pair with the flush draw, right?

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $12.65
CO: $23.65
Hero: $55.70
SB: $10.80
BB: $26.35

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3.75, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3.6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $14.4</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $22.9</font>, Hero calls.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Any better lines on flop?

This hand is too weak to raise with preflop. I would think you have very little fold equity so just flat call the flop bet.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:29 PM

I was really beating up on the table and didn't want to slow down, thus the raise pf. If I wasn't playing LAG, I would have folded pf.

On the flop: I don't think I have any FE; I don't think anyone would raise ahead of me without a hand. And I didn't want to lose my market when I hit. Again, I don't think I'm behind unless he has set/two-pair along with higher flush draw. Why just call?
Old 08-12-2006, 10:17 AM

You're looking at a coinflip situation at best. The best your equity in this hand could be is probably 60% given the majority of his possible holdings, including a bare flush draw with an overcard or two. There are a couple of hands that have you crippled. Against his range of hands you are probably even money.

If you're looking at a coinflip at best and don't have fold equity you should just call. If your flush draw is higher you can play it a bit more aggressively.

If you're playing laggy, people will often make frustration calls when you hit your hand anyway, so you get paid off when you make your hand and lose less when you don't.