Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Need advice cash games vs sit n gos and MTT

Hi ive been playing poker for about 2 years online and started in freerolls..won a couple of them and started to build a decent bankroll.
A couple months later i started in cash games micro limits and won so i went up without knowing how to manage my bankroll.
So i had big swings..lost all my Bankroll 2 times so i made deposits againg and again.
I found that im tilting too much in cash games and even if im winning i cant control myself and im going to higher stakes and lose it all everytime.
The thing is that when i play MTT and Sngs i never tilt and doing very good usually.
So i know i should focus on that but do you think i should only play SNGs ans MTT and can i build a decent bankroll doing that.
My last question is when you win some cash building your bankroll how much do you cash out and when.
I want to start low again and ill make a small deposit of $100.
Should i try $5 SNGs and MTT.
Thanx for your time
Old 02-07-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Need advice cash games vs sit n gos and MTT

Play whatever you do best at and where you can avoid tilting. Controlling tilt is a huge part of the game and you won't be able to move up until you can get a handle on it. I predict you will blow your roll a few more times before you learn your lesson.