Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Heroes Love/Hate Fest 11/5/7

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just watched this episode and I am pretty pumped for next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next week's a flashback though. Are you hyped for that, or for what will happen next (2 weeks)?

And I just read, if the strike is not averted/ended fast enough, Heroes Season Finale is Dec 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]
I watched the episode via downloading not from NBC. I just watched the preview from a random site. I liked the flashback episode last season and I think this one will be just as good. The week after that will be intense as well. I am pleased that this season is having an upward quality trend.

I know very little about the writers strike other than it is giving me more reason to watch less tv, so good on them. But I thought all these episodes were already completed before the season started so I assumed this season would just play itself out while the strike was on.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:29 PM

They have scripts for episodes up until February, so their plan in case of a long strike is to have the end of volume 2:Generations to be the season finale.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:29 PM

The flash back/forward episodes last season were pretty good.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:30 PM

Haven't seen this mentioned, but the virus in the future is called the Shanti virus, ie Mohinder's sister.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hiro was Kensei(the stor version) from the past all along...that's pretty clear too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. They fixed it to make it that way so that things weren't changed, but him having been Kensei all along breaks all the rules for time travel they've set up in the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it break the rules? This is the 2nd time Hiro went into the past, and it made sense both times and he did what already was done.

[/ QUOTE ]

For Hiro to have "always" been Kensei, that would imply that it's all destined and nothing they do in time travel changes anything, but then all these future trips to post-apocalyptic worlds wouldn't be happening.

Also, when Hiro went back in time the first time with the waitress, he did change things, just not much. Firstly, he was not in the pictures until after he changed things. Secondly, she didn't recognize him when they met in the original version of the timeline which she obviously would have.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't change your world's past, only its' future since it hasn't happened yet is my theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then when someone travels to the future, that future becomes their present and when they go back in time they can't change anything... see how this makes no sense?

[ QUOTE ]
Hiro gave her a book in the past, a book she already had when they first met in the present since Hiro gave it to her in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

He knew which book to give her because he saw it. The first time she got it another way.

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm saying Adam killed Sulu as revenge for the Kensei-Hiro fued.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but since the events of this season didn't start until after Hiro went back in time and started the chain reaction that changed everything, this doesn't mean much. Although the fact that Adam waited until Hiro went back in time means that he was probably worried about altering things.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can affect the past (picture), but not change it. (Charlie)

[/ QUOTE ]

He was able to change it just fine. The only reason he didn't save her is because he doesn't have some magical cure for brain cancer.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have scripts for episodes up until February, so their plan in case of a long strike is to have the end of volume 2:Generations to be the season finale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scripts for episodes up to Feb means they have script till like middle of decemeber.

Shows go on a break until late Jan usually. Plus Kring is refusing to do his showrunner duties.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Shows go on a break until late Jan usually. Plus Kring is refusing to do his showrunner duties.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean more specifically?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:41 PM

It means the guy that created the show and re-writes virtually every episode, edits episodes, oversees episodes akak produces them is standing outside picketing the studio.

Also all of his writers are joining him. If the strike goes past november. Dec 3rd is the last episode for the season.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It means the guy that created the show and re-writes virtually every episode, edits episodes, oversees episodes akak produces them is standing outside picketing the studio.

Also all of his writers are joining him. If the strike goes past november. Dec 3rd is the last episode for the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the strike is settled by, I dunno, let's say February, could they not start shooting again?