Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Heroes Love/Hate Fest 11/5/7

I guess I don't see where this show is trying to go.

When it first began, all the heroes had a small power, they couldn't totally control it.

Now it seems that every episode, one of them becomes outrageously powerful. Sylar is a badass. Parkman is a badass. Peter is a badass. Obviously this Adam guy is ridiculous. Hiro has basically perfected time travel. Seems they co uld all just completely destroy everyone at any moment.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I don't see where this show is trying to go.

When it first began, all the heroes had a small power, they couldn't totally control it.

Now it seems that every episode, one of them becomes outrageously powerful. Sylar is a badass. Parkman is a badass. Peter is a badass. Obviously this Adam guy is ridiculous. Hiro has basically perfected time travel. Seems they co uld all just completely destroy everyone at any moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

And now the writers normalized Niki so she cant use her awesome punching power to stop them all!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that loves every bad guy on the show but finds a lot of the good guys to be annoying? Moreover, I find that with the characters that we don't know their intentions yet(like HRG) I like them best when their actions give hints that they may be bad guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno what your confusion is about HRG. He's been solidly a bad guy throughout the series, just a bad guy with a family that he cares about as much as himself, and everything he does is all about protecting himself and his family by any means. I agree that he's a great anti-hero character, I just don't see any mystery with him. (the Haitian OTOH is another matter)

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? See I think one of the more interesting storylines is Bob vs HRG...both of them definitely seem shady and seem like they could be manipulating a lot of people.

While you may personally think that HRG is the bad guy, I'm not 100% sure just yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say "the" bad guy. He's a bad guy. The company is worse. HRG is an anti-hero. He's a bad guy, but through his actions he ends up helping the good guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're sure of this?

I think its pretty clear so far that its HRG vs Bob(the company). Its possible that they're both somewhat evil and somewhat good or its possible that they both are closer to one side.

100,855 and counting
Old 11-08-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And lol at the biggest problem with this show is characters who are WAY over-powered (Hiro, Peter, Sylar) so the writers have to come up with contrivances to power them down. So what do they do? Ramp up Parkman's powers of course!

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone here seems to be saying that this is the biggest problem with the show, but so far the show really hasn't had a problem with dealing with it imo.

100,853 and counting
Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone here seems to be saying that this is the biggest problem with the show, but so far the show really hasn't had a problem with dealing with it imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they have.

Hiro is too powerful, so he's lacking in confidence and can't use his powers effectively.

Peter is too powerful so he can't control his powers and is a danger to explode.

Hiro gains confidence and fighting prowess, eliminating the restraints on his powers. So they banish him to an incredibly lame storyline all his own in Japan's past.

Peter learns to use his powers too. So they banish him to a foreign land and take away his memory which also takes away his knowledge of his powers and control thereof.

Sylar is too powerful so they take away his powers and banish him to a hellish Central American storyline with people we'd really, really like to see him kill.

I expect next Parkman will get a bump on the head and be unable to use his powers effectively for half a season.

It's pretty obvious the writers have no idea what to do with these characters if they're fully powered and in close proximity with one another.

Which is pretty much exactly what all of us want...
Old 11-08-2007, 01:47 AM

Spoiler pic from next episode: http://bp3.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/...es_spoiler.jpg

100,850 and counting
Old 11-08-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they have.

Hiro is too powerful, so he's lacking in confidence and can't use his powers effectively.

Peter is too powerful so he can't control his powers and is a danger to explode.

Hiro gains confidence and fighting prowess, eliminating the restraints on his powers. So they banish him to an incredibly lame storyline all his own in Japan's past.

Peter learns to use his powers too. So they banish him to a foreign land and take away his memory which also takes away his knowledge of his powers and control thereof.

Sylar is too powerful so they take away his powers and banish him to a hellish Central American storyline with people we'd really, really like to see him kill.

I expect next Parkman will get a bump on the head and be unable to use his powers effectively for half a season.

It's pretty obvious the writers have no idea what to do with these characters if they're fully powered and in close proximity with one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I'm saying- You guys have been complaining that the characters are too powerful and theres no way to avoid it being a problem, but the writers have avoided the problems by interjecting obstacles into the characters' lives.

Isn't that how most superhero stories work anyway?....build up a few characters so they seem unbeatable and then we are on the edge of our seats at the final battle because it seems like neither could lose.

100,849 and counting
Old 11-08-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you assume he knows what Adam's power is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they were on the same super-team.

"Hey, let's team up and from the Legion of Super-Justice!"

"Okay, what's your power?"

"I'm not telling you."

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of people in the Company with no powers...
Old 11-08-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of people in the Company with no powers...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob states that Adam brought them all together.

The "team-up" (ie: group photo) obviously predates or represents the founding of The Company.