Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2007, 04:06 AM

Default PLO SnG - Check my line please

Here's a hand history from a tourney I just got knocked out of. This is my last hand. My question is this: If you're short stacked with big blinds (compared to your stack) it's correct to push with mediocre holdings, is it not? If you have fold equity and first raise.

Anyway, should I have waited for a better hand or is this standard?

Full Tilt Poker Game #2726599852: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (20786615), Table 1 - 60/120 - Pot Limit Omaha H/L - 3:38:42 ET - 2007/06/21
Seat 1: bdr1213 (3,765)
Seat 3: ninelives (3,731)
Seat 4: beijing6 (3,275)
Seat 6: ClipperJockey (535)
Seat 7: CopperRiverRed (2,194)
ninelives posts the small blind of 60
beijing6 posts the big blind of 120
The button is in seat #1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ClipperJockey [Jh 9d Th Ks]

ClipperJockey raises to 420
CopperRiverRed calls 420
bdr1213 folds
ninelives raises to 1,800
beijing6 folds
ClipperJockey calls 115, and is all in
CopperRiverRed has 15 seconds left to act
CopperRiverRed calls 1,380

*** FLOP *** [9s 9h 2c]

ninelives bets 1,320
CopperRiverRed calls 394, and is all in
ninelives shows [Ad Ac Qh 2s]
ClipperJockey shows [Jh 9d Th Ks]
CopperRiverRed shows [Td Tc 7d 6c]

Uncalled bet of 926 returned to ninelives

*** TURN *** [9s 9h 2c] [Qc]

*** RIVER *** [9s 9h 2c Qc] [8c]

ninelives shows two pair, Aces and Nines, for high
CopperRiverRed shows a flush, Queen high, for high
CopperRiverRed wins the side pot (3,318) with a flush, Queen high
ClipperJockey shows a straight, Queen high, for high
CopperRiverRed wins the main pot (1,725) with a flush, Queen high
ClipperJockey stands up
No low hand qualified

CopperRiverRed INSTA called my raise. I don't think there was even a half second between my raise and his call. I don't know if he wanted to go to bed or what the deal was. I see him playing quite frequently and this just seemed very out of place.

I'm thinking he's got a hand like A2K3 or something, but, then we get reraised. I know I'm in trouble then because I'm about 80% sure ninelives has AA2x. I have to call my remaining 115 chips. There's obviously no possible way I can fold.

The flop hits and I think I'm golden. It's a rainbow and I've got top set + a 2 that will counterfeit most low hands. I can't help but think this hand would have ended up like this even if all my money wasn't in preflop. It actually took me a second to figure out why my straight lost.

CopperRiverRed called the reraise and then the 394 on the flop. Even though he had no connection to the flop what-so-ever, there was like 5k in there. I guess I can't blame him for making the flop call. I just don't understand why he wouldn't reraise his last 394 preflop when he already stuck in 4/5 of his stack. Like I said, his whole play of this hand was just weird.

I've been losing to bizzaro plays like this on a regular basis since Saturday. ProDonkey said I'm going to start losing on the bubble more than I thought imaginable. Oddly enough he was right. I think he cursed me. Lol. I'm not really going negative though. I just seem to float around the same amount of money so I guess I can't be toooo mad. It's getting a little frustrating playing for hours and coming up even for 4 consecutive days now. Hopefully this will pass soon.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Let me know if you think my preflop play was correct. Thanks guys.