Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Another stupid ethics question

[ QUOTE ]
This incident is the first I've ever heard of people giving back blinds in HU situations. Does this really happen? Daliman seems to believe it is a common occurrence but I haven't seen anybody else verify this. In the HU I've played (admittedly not much-- only about 10K hands), I've never seen anybody ask for a blind back. I've had people play one hand then sit out or leave because they don't want to play me (or don't want to play anybody or whatever) but I've never had them ask for the money back. This includes complete unknowns, casual acquaintances from 2+2 and people I know fairly well. Prior to this thread, the idea of giving money back never occurred to me.

Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played quite a lot of HU and the only situation where i have had people asking me for their blinds back, was when they sat at 6-man or full table that me and my opponent wanted to keep HU. Typically you tell them: HU pls! Then they post anyway, play their hand, finally understand that they are not welcome and ask for their blinds back (or sometimes even their losses, lol!), which is completely BS since they simply played their hand. Obv. they are welcome to finish their round before leaving, if they have the courtesy to comply with our request.

As far as I know blind give back situations (lol) are extremely rare, if existent at all.

Marnix
Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you know dali, the funny thing is you could take a lesson from the post - AJ, the guy who called you out on the post, isn't someone who has historically come to my defense, to say the least. but he said what he did because of the content of what was posted and disagreeing with it, rather than imagining 2p2 to only exist as a childish popularity contest.

and sure, we can be done with personal attacks, since i've never made one on you to begin with that wasn't related to the stupidity of your posts (in fact, i don't know enough about you outside of that to make other comments - you provide plenty of ammo here). but i cannot promise that in your next idiotic post, i will not comment on the same thing, just as i always have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alas, Alex has had his own axe to grind with me in the past too(in regard to a dispute with strassa), so to say he was doing this out of the kindness of his heart is less than true, but you really had no way of knowing that. I don't remember for sure, but I seem to remember him saying afterwards he doubted my intentions, but would take my explanation at face value. You, of course, chose to take it as an insult.

But really, nice job of not admitting you were the first one to throw and insult in the face of my evidence that can be proven incontrovertible. You have a bright future in politics.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 AM

beat: daliman has your phone number
Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This incident is the first I've ever heard of people giving back blinds in HU situations. Does this really happen? Daliman seems to believe it is a common occurrence but I haven't seen anybody else verify this. In the HU I've played (admittedly not much-- only about 10K hands), I've never seen anybody ask for a blind back. I've had people play one hand then sit out or leave because they don't want to play me (or don't want to play anybody or whatever) but I've never had them ask for the money back. This includes complete unknowns, casual acquaintances from 2+2 and people I know fairly well. Prior to this thread, the idea of giving money back never occurred to me.

Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played quite a lot of HU and the only situation where i have had people asking me for their blinds back, was when they sat at 6-man or full table that me and my opponent wanted to keep HU. Typically you tell them: HU pls! Then they post anyway, play their hand, finally understand that they are not welcome and ask for their blinds back (or sometimes even their losses, lol!), which is completely BS since they simply played their hand. Obv. they are welcome to finish their round before leaving, if they have the courtesy to comply with our request.

As far as I know blind give back situations (lol) are extremely rare, if existent at all.

Marnix

[/ QUOTE ]

They definitely DO exist, as I have stated in this thread. In cases such as this, when someone asks for HU plz after I have already posted, I have asked for my blinds back. If they say no, then, as is my right, I can continue to play if I choose to, and they can choose to leave. TOTALLY not expected in that case, but then again, expecting people to leave you HU if you want is another subject entirely.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
beat: daliman has your phone number

[/ QUOTE ]
Non-variance: it will never again be used.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it's been asked already, but did Dali sit with a full stack? I don't think cts is wrong here, but I think it's a relatively legitimate request on Dali's part also. Anyway, if Dali had no intention to play, it's more obvious if he sat with the min. or whatever, IMO.

Vig

[/ QUOTE ]

I sat in with $800, exactly what the default buyin is on FT. I almost always sit with a full stack when I intend to play NL. Take from that what you will.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:56 AM

Wow, I just read a few of these posts and Daliman is quite possibly the most pathetic and self-righteous jackass I have yet heard of, online or otherwise. He also seems to shun facts and common knowledge.

EDIT:
<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;....Troll obv
Old 01-18-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when I intend to play NL

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you intended to flip, no?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nothing was ever demanded in any way, shape or form. And once again, if you had a misunderstanding with someone you considered a friend, would you think calling him is out of bounds? I don't get that so many people think that that is a big deal. I wasn't angry about it, and didn't say I was or appear anything more than calm in the VM, and Cts would tell you that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you didn't demand the blind back. I'm not saying that you are cheap or a bad guy in any way. You were upset enough to leave a voicemail to Cts though (and no, I would certainly not call a friend to argue about a small misunderstanding like this involving a few dollars). You do not seem like a bad guy, but you seem like someone that is easily upset.

Frequenting an internet forum, there will be MANY annoying people/discussions to get upset about. Once people find out that you are easily upset, they will be MORE inclined to upset you, simply for the fun of it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. This holds especially true if you defend yourself aggressively in a matter where it is very questionable that you were right in the first place. This thread also indicates that you are easily upset not only on the forum, but also IRL (or at the tables), which of course makes internet warriors even more prone to poke you to see if you get mad...
Old 01-18-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
make more assumptions, daliman, make more assumptions. cole never let me listen to the voice mail. im across the country from him.

i just correctly deduced what your message would most likely sound like, because its quite obvious how you respond to every single situation like this

[/ QUOTE ]

The post in question;
[ QUOTE ]
"Ummm Hey Yeah Cole this is Daliman from Two Plus Two. I recently sat down To Do Some Flips, but I think you Misunderstood and stole my Blinds Twice.......if I could have those back, that'd be Great. Thanks."

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were somehow provable, I would bet that you are lying here. Most people know that voicemails for particular phones can be pulled from almost ANY phone with the password, and I'd guess there is NO chance YOU don't know that, so that sounds like you are trying to make it sound plausible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont post much, but lurk quite a bit. After this post it's clear to me that daliman IS in fact Dwight Schrute from The Office.

"Damnit, he put my stapler in Jello again!"