Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: ALL MY ACCOUNTS WERE HACKED INTO

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have Mcafee Security Center which I like, what do you think of it? Also just added Windows Defender, again opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly if you are a HS player with the money that comes along with that, you should not be looking at consumer grade software products to protect yourself. You should be looking to hire security/networking professionals/companies to build you a commercial grade network that is secure.

[/ QUOTE ]

... or you could just not download and run exe-files given to you by strangers that know you use your computer for playing high stakes poker...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he appreciates the salt...
Old 01-09-2007, 02:49 AM

I F'ed up. I know this, and it's eating at me, badly. I know this is my f'in fault for doing this. I don't need people to make comments like this. Can you be a little more sensitive? Seriously.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I F'ed up. I know this, and it's eating at me, badly. I know this is my f'in fault for doing this. I don't need people to make comments like this. Can you be a little more sensitive? Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Sorry about that. I actually didn't mean to bash you. I just thought the guy talking about hiring network security professionals for taking care of your computer security at home was being somewhat silly.

I'm really sorry for what happened to you. You certainly did not deserve that and I surely hope that there is some way that you can get your money back.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:20 AM

The only way that you can possibly recover your money is by getting the mother [censored] in court. GL to you man. I know how it feels... just for a lot less money, so no I don't.

You've already closed your accounts and changed your passwords from the laptop, and that is all you can really do. These investigations take way longer than the sites predict, so I suggest calling them if at all possible and make sure that they aren't resting for a second.

GL
Old 01-09-2007, 03:27 AM

Full Tilt is not replying to any of my emails regarding the fact that my account was hacked, and/or funds being stolen.. No one has phone #'s for support
Old 01-09-2007, 03:30 AM

NVM, thought u needed PS #, only FTP tho.. so nvm
Old 01-09-2007, 03:36 AM

Okay I just found out that there is absolutely no phone number for Full Tilt-- at least no # that is available online. You would have to make a request via email for a #... which you did already... so they seem to be MORONS.

I would just send an email that ONLY requests a phone number so that you can speak to someone and provide them with details. They can't reject that request.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:41 AM

They have rejected that request saying that email is a better form of communication. Yet, no email back to me is suggesting any fraud and no email back to me has acknowledged that any illegal activity has taken place. I don't really know what to do anymore.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:27 AM

Is this Steve Da Pimp's work again? Why has nobody flown down and kicked his ass yet?
Old 01-09-2007, 04:58 AM

Not to threadjack but I was just in the process of deciding which site to move to, between FTP and Stars. I can say with all sincerity that this incident has brought an absolutely unnacceptable level of customer service/security by Full Tilt to light, and they will most definitely not be getting my rake EVER.