Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 05-25-2007, 08:39 PM

Default (OT) Some Things I Want To Bet On

All --

It's been too long since I've been involved in a prop bet. Time to fix that.*

(A) I'm out of shape now and currently don't own running shoes. I've never completed a race longer than 5K. The Big Sur half-marathon is in November. The bet would be that I finish under a certain official time. Note that the course is pretty difficult, and that training will have to be fit in while I gamble/work my butt off in Vegas (and the Vegas heat) all summer.

(B) I pick a list of N players, submit it on June 1, and the bet pays off if one of them wins a bracelet. Value of N and odds to be negotiated.

(C) I pick a list of M players, submit it on June 1, and the bet pays off if one of them wins the Main Event. Value of M and odds to be negotiated.

Any takers? Post here, PM, or (those of you who know) AIM me.

--Nate

*I'm posting in MTTc because (a) some guys around here know and maybe even trust me, and (b) two of these bets are MTT-related.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: (OT) Some Things I Want To Bet On

I would be interested in having a match bet.

We pick 10 or 20 players each and the the team which wins most bracelets wins the bet.

Would be prepared to bet up to 1k on this. Let me know if you any interest in this.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Camel --

I'd be interested, though I sort of like the instant-win all-or-nothing nature of the "I pick N" format.

--Nate
Old 05-25-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Camel --

I'd be interested, though I sort of like the instant-win all-or-nothing nature of the "I pick N" format.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

I really want to have some sort of bet which lasts for the whole of the series, as it's unlikely I'm going to get out there 'til the main event and it gives me some reason to follow the action before I get there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Camel --

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

I really want to have some sort of bet which lasts for the whole of the series, as it's unlikely I'm going to get out there 'til the main event and it gives me some reason to follow the action before I get there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

1k's maybe a little much for me, because I'm likely to tie money up in other bets, but I'd be game for this.

--Nate
Old 05-25-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Camel --

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1k's maybe a little much for me, because I'm likely to tie money up in other bets, but I'd be game for this.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

1k was the maximum I would bet.

I'm happy to play for as little as $100.

If you are up for it.. I'll pm you to arrange details of the bet.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Camel --

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

1k was the maximum I would bet.

I'm happy to play for as little as $100.

If you are up for it.. I'll pm you to arrange details of the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Camel --

Awesome.

--Nate
Old 05-25-2007, 09:49 PM

How good of shape are you in?
I used to run in races when I was like 9-11, but haven't been into running in recent years, but have been looking to get back into shape, I'd estimate I could run 5k in maybe 26-28 minutes, but would like to be able to run 10-15k quite comfortably.

Would you like to try to make some sort of bet on who could be the first to run a certain distance in under a certain time, or who can run a certain distance the fastest at the end of the time frame(possibly have multiple bets, ie. 5k after a month, 8k after 2 months, etc etc).

Also, I'd be interested in some WSOP prob bets
Old 05-25-2007, 09:56 PM

Timex --

I ran XC in high school. Last year I started training for a sprint triathlon and before some personal-life stuff interfered with it was doing semiregular 3-mile training runs.

A couple weeks ago I had occasion to sprint roughly 80 meters a few times and was very tired afterward. A couple months ago I left my wallet at a coffeeshop and jogged/walked/ran three-fourths of a mile as a result and was very tired after that.

So, I'm out of shape. I go on a walk almost every day, though.

I think it'd be awesome to meet at a given half-marathon in six months and bet on who finishes ahead of the other. Loser pays winner's airfare/hotel up to $X.

--Nate
Old 05-25-2007, 10:36 PM

***FIRST BET***

The Camel and I are each picking teams of 20. $100 for each bracelet won by a team member; $500 for the ME.

--Nate