Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-30-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: 68s monster pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My other main problem with trying to decrease variance in such a way is it kills your learning curve which has an effect on your hourly earn as your going to end up learning at a higher cost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what does this mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

means that if you try to decrease variance your not pushing your edges enough, which in turn means that when you move up you'll be weaker than most postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest you read about the relationshop between edge and bankroll. You need a HUGE bankroll to make certain very very thin plays.

It's a fine balance, because you can't just give up edges all the time or you become a loser, and you can't just push everything or else you will run a very high risk of ruin OR have to play at a lower limit to minimize your ROR.

Balancing ROR and expectation is tough, but it's not something you should ignore.

Anyway, as to your comment, it may or may not apply, depending on what game I move up to. If you're talking about moving from 15-30 to 20-40, you are wrong, at least in my case.

Anyway, making that raise for value at 20-40 would be wrong anyway. You might make it for a different reason though.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

My other main problem with trying to decrease variance in such a way is it kills your learning curve which has an effect on your hourly earn as your going to end up learning at a higher cost.

what does this mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

means that if you try to decrease variance your not pushing your edges enough, which in turn means that when you move up you'll be weaker than most postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

"better weaktight than strongbroke"
-Tommy Angelo
Old 11-30-2007, 08:13 PM

Another point here: The pot is HUGE and you turn a gutshot + flushdraw with only 2 other players left in the pot, one of whom has shown no strength whatsoever. Raise the turn and bet any river. BB has to fold a better hand like 2% of the time for this to show a profit. The turn is 3-way and your gutshot/flush draw has just under 30% equity, so the turn raise costs you almost nothing. On the river, the pot will be big enough to justify a bet no matter what hits.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another point here: The pot is HUGE and you turn a gutshot + flushdraw with only 2 other players left in the pot, one of whom has shown no strength whatsoever. Raise the turn and bet any river. BB has to fold a better hand like 2% of the time for this to show a profit. The turn is 3-way and your gutshot/flush draw has just under 30% equity, so the turn raise costs you almost nothing. On the river, the pot will be big enough to justify a bet no matter what hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this.