Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: betting on Ron Paul

If you're holding off until 12/16, remember that the campaign sent out e-mails saying they need money now and not later. By 12/16 it will be too late to have an effect on the early states. So don't hold out too much.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're holding off until 12/16, remember that the campaign sent out e-mails saying they need money now and not later. By 12/16 it will be too late to have an effect on the early states. So don't hold out too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this. The need for money is to get Ron Paul's name out in those states. Another record breaking fundraising day would help to accomplish this at no cost, imo. These pooling of funds seem to be the best bang for the buck.

edited to add that there is also another drive for 11/30 being advertised under Ron Paul's reading assignment to Rudy . web page
Old 11-26-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tom,

The goal of those organizing the teaparty "bomb" is to get 100,000 people to donate $100. There are already over 20,000 pledges. There were around 18,000 pledges for 11/5 and almost 39,000 donations. Whether or not the same ratio will play out here, who knows. I agree though, that 10 million seems a bit far fetched. My guess is 5.5 million raised on 12/16 but I hope I am proven wrong (wrong as in I guessed too low, ldo).

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I think that 10 Mil WOULD be possible, if people could donate more than the 2300. But I'm sure that quite a few used that already on the first day. I think he'll end around 6 M, which would be really amazing.

BUT, it's true that the campaign does need more now. If you're thinking about donating $1000 on the bomb day, I'd seriously think about splitting that in some ratio to donate now/then. The money bombs are great, but I hope that after this one, the emphasis is more on volunteering/constant donations, rather than another big bomb. Paul has the money and the media coverage now that he didn't have then. It's time to put the troops on the ground, as they say.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:03 AM

Except for Borodog I bet very few people have pledged 2300.

The average donation is $100 I believe (at least for the money bomb)
Old 11-26-2007, 02:26 AM

The average donation on November 5th was like 125 dollars. No one has more untapped donors than Ron Paul.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:28 AM

pretty much impossible to tell without knowing the median donation size or other info, it could be that the large majority gave $100 because of the way they advertised it or a small number have 2300 and a large number gave 20 or so.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:41 AM

I think $6 million is a good estimate. $8 million is probably stretching it and $10 million is ridiculous. 38,000 people donated November 5th. I would assume that a very large chuck of those people did not donate the max. Add in people that Paul has picked up along the way and the fact that people have probably been saving for this since November 5th and $6 million isn't that unrealistic. I think I heard the campaign say a little while back that only around 2% of their donors are maxed out. We'll see how this November 30th turns out. Will it cut into the 16th at all?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty much impossible to tell without knowing the median donation size or other info, it could be that the large majority gave $100 because of the way they advertised it or a small number have 2300 and a large number gave 20 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Through the 3rd quarter, Ron Paul had received 17% of his money from max donors, versus 46% for Obama, 49% for Romney, 60% for Giuliani, 63% for Clinton.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:43 AM

I would take the under. I think they are getting more subscribers, but I think a higher percentage of people are subscribing this time around, rather than the 5th. This is just my gut instinct, and I hope I am wrong. Betting against RP has been a flawed strategy in the past, so who knows.

I am worried that the Dec 16th date is too late. Iowa and NH are only a couple weeks after that.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:28 PM

I don't get why people are trying to say the max donor thing doesn't really matter. Even if it's way less than the mainstream guys, it's still a big chunk of people who are not eligible to give any money, and maybe would give $2300 if they could. It is what it is. It's clearly a disadvantage, as compared to the first moneybomb. Probably the only disadvantage worth mentioning. It's just that the advantages of more exposure, etc. outweigh it, so we should still expect a big day. But clearly it would be nice if there were a couple hundred more people able to drop the max, and add a quick half mil.