Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who pays for your education?
Parents 117 33.52%
Other relatives 10 2.87%
Student loans 52 14.90%
Financial aid 69 19.77%
You 87 24.93%
other 14 4.01%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Barry Bonds indicted

thayer,

if only i had a brain
Old 11-17-2007, 12:50 AM

WELL IF YOU CLICKED THE LINK YOU WOULD REALIZE THAT THE SON OF SAM LAWS DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS CASE AT ALL THUS I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE A MORON
Old 11-17-2007, 12:54 AM

Hmmm... conspiracy to obstruct justice... or really conspiracy to break whatever law is broken by revealing grand jury testimony... I would have to look up the statutes... IAAL but I am too tired and drunk to do it now...
Old 11-17-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Bonds had not been granted immunity, he would have had the right to remain silent. With immunity, he could have refused to answer and been held in contempt. By answering and answering untruthfully he committed perjury and possibly obstructed justice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, and what a lot of folks don't realize....the government didn't offer immunity to Bonds as much because they didn't care about prosecuting him....but in order so they could jail him for contempt if he refused to testify or pleaded the fifth.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RB, it is Will Leitch, not Will Carroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, they're both named Will, and one of them used to be a women or something....right?

Easy to mistake them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are thinking of Christina Kahrl, another BP writer.

/edit and its the other way around, she used to be he.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was joking around about that part, but I did get the two Will's confused.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:36 AM

if someone could get a transcript from the last Rome is Burning, Jim Rome actually had good insight on the topic today in regards to people's opinions
Old 11-17-2007, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Bonds had not been granted immunity, he would have had the right to remain silent. With immunity, he could have refused to answer and been held in contempt. By answering and answering untruthfully he committed perjury and possibly obstructed justice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, and what a lot of folks don't realize....the government didn't offer immunity to Bonds as much because they didn't care about prosecuting him....but in order so they could jail him for contempt if he refused to testify or pleaded the fifth.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will admit im not too familiar with this situation but it seems to me bonds could have avoided this if he had told the truth?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if someone could get a transcript from the last Rome is Burning, Jim Rome actually had good insight on the topic today in regards to people's opinions

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the where Rome called him a tax cheat, and said that the indictment was proof that he cheated whether or not he ends up being convicted.

Yeah, that's some great insight into some people's opinions....but it's some monstrously terrible logic.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:07 AM

that obviously wasn't the part I was talking about, but it doesn't surprise me you would argue against something that isn't the point being made
Old 11-17-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i will admit im not too familiar with this situation but it seems to me bonds could have avoided this if he had told the truth?

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO! As could be expected, RedBean completely misrepresents the situation. This was no trap to put Bonds in jail. He tells the truth and it ends there (at least as far as prosecuting him goes). He still has live with the fact that his records are tainted, but that was mistake could not be undone.