Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: BarryG - Online Poker should be legal in 6 months

I'm shocked that Fox News Channel would be so hostile to the notion of online poker, for they usually are so "fair and balanced" regarding every issue.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The box says Robin Hood, but the face says Sherriff of Nottingham.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:13 PM

Here's the deal- I pay a tax every time I drive over to Tunica and back on the weekend. It comes to about 30 bucks in gas money, anywhere fromm 50-150 dollars for a hotel room depending upon availability, along with higher rake, tips to dealers, cocktail waitresses, etc. And for all that, I have to wait a long time to play a significant number of hands.

The government will have to impose a pretty hefty tax to make online poker more expensive to me than B&M.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:26 PM

IMO, I'd rather keep poker illegal in the US than hear the "Ooooooh Party Poker" radio spots again
Old 10-29-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, I'd rather keep poker illegal in the US than hear the "Ooooooh Party Poker" radio spots again

[/ QUOTE ]

I miss Party Poker!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure it will be less than 6 months before congress realizes that they need to pass legislation contrary to the UIEGA. If it hasn't already happened, it will happen in a few weeks. I don't know how slow the process is and how much debate there will be as to whether there is a different approach that should be taken than the Frank and Wexler bills.

Of course, there is always a chance that they will try to push this off until after the 2008 election, but I didn't get this impression. These sanctions are serious. Also, they wouldn't mind getting some tax revenue that can be used to fund other bills.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry,

A poster purporting to be Mark Seif just implicated your name in the Absolute Poker Scandal developing in BBV.

[ QUOTE ]
Mark A Seif
stranger

Reged: 10/28/07
Loc: Las Vegas Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26 [Re: highhustla]
#12718800 - 10/29/07 12:06 PM

To be clear, I am not a spokesperon for AP, nor have I ever been. Neitehr is Barry Greenstein for PokerStars, nor is Phil Ivey for Tilt. Companies have dsignated people to do that.

Flame on.

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]
AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

I quoted the last full paragraph and signature. While the signature appears the same as Seif uses in his Bluff Magazine blog and the 2p2 account was tentatively identified as belonging to Seif, I question the authenticity of subject post...~10% of the words in the short full paragraph were misspelled.

Could you check with your alledged friend, Mark Seif, and verify that he made the subject post ?

Thanks,

Gary

Edit
Old 10-29-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry,

A poster purporting to be Mark Seif just implicated your name in the Absolute Poker Scandal developing in BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Mark saying Barry is not a spokesperson for Stars qualifies as "implicating" him in the Absolute scandal.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:05 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

I just want to say that the english language has a major flaw in that words dont exist for me to tell barry how awesome he is.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:16 PM

The word you are looking for is ineffable. See, no flaw in the language [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ABOVE IS AN UNPROOFED, INITIAL, PRELIMINARY, FIRST ROUGH DRAFT TRANSCRIPTION ATTEMPT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you really listen to the audio and type it all out word for word? Nice work.