View Poll Results: K8 Suited
Call 26 92.86%
Raise 2 7.14%
Muck 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Official Party Regulars Thread

Was playing to stack this guy who kept hitting like God against me but sucked terribly.

This was the last hand we played together and THEN HE [censored] LEFT.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $731.10
Hero (BB): $477.50
UTG: $686.90
BTN: $115.83

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $14.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $44.00</font>, UTG calls $30.00

Flop: ($90) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $60.00</font>, UTG calls $60.00

Turn: ($210) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $175.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $373.50</font>, UTG calls $198.50

River: ($957) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $957.00 ($2.50 Rake)

UTG had 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON (+$477.00)
Hero had 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Eights) and LOST (-$477.50)
Old 07-26-2007, 03:14 AM

anybody wanna swap like 5-10% of the BBJ [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking to trade my Party money for your Stars/FTP/etc money (up to ~18k). PM if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can vouch for cheiro as very trustworthy having done several transfers with him and also talk to him daily on AIM. I'd very confidently trust him with my entire bankroll, fwiw.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think sending in the preferred player application form with ID etc is the main thing, maybe you have to ask them to raise it too, can't remember

[/ QUOTE ]

I just joined Party and when I found out the deposit limit was only $500, I proceeded with the mocking and aggressive line on the phone about how tarded this was.

I've had to join the preferred player thing but even then they said, "it'll still take a month before we can increase it above $500/week." Apparently that is policy that they wait a month just to confirm that you're legit.

I'm just going to keep badgering them to up my limit after my month has gone by.

It's like Party hates money or something. I've never had so many problems getting money on a site and I'm English!
Old 07-26-2007, 06:22 AM

I emailed my VIP host about cashing out, because there was a 300euro discrepancy between their rate and what was displayed on xe.com (while trying to do a $10k cash out).

This is what she wrote back;

[ QUOTE ]
XXXXXXX, the best solution is in order to avoid the foreign exchange rate fluctuation while making a Deposit or a Cash out, I suggest that you set your PartyAccount currency to the currency you are planning to transact in (i.e. GBP/EUR/USD), in your case EUROS.

The following steps will assist you with changing your account currency.

1) Open web page and log into our website: www.partypoker.com

2) Open “My Account”

3) Populate you username and password

4) Select “Your Profile” from the drop down menu.

5) There will be a couple of options at the bottom of the page displayed amongst them changing currency would be one option

6) Select the currency in which you would like your account to reflect.

Please do not login in from the main lobby as you will experience problems, the correct link is provided above.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know whether to do this or not. Are there any disadvantages to converting, that they may not be telling me about?
Old 07-26-2007, 06:40 AM

Fortunately I changed over to GBP when the rate was quite good, so I have essentially avoided this whole fiasco.

Drawbacks:
1) You initially get charged conversion rate on your WHOLE bankroll.
2) If you change to GBP (or whatever) and have a USD neteller account, you will get hit with the exchange rate when transferring between them.

I think the best idea for many people would be something like this:
1) Cash out most money to neteller, leaving themselves with a minimal party roll (e.g. 5-10 buyins).
2) Then convert this to home currency, so that the conversion hit is kept to a minimum
3) Hope to grind out a decent roll on party again before going busto.

Once you have your roll in home currency, you don't have to worry about currency conversion ever again. When you sit/leave a table, it uses the same rate. Thus, all that happens with fluctuating exchange rates is that you are essentially playing slightly higher/lower stakes. The only real issue I can think of is if you expect to be transferring money between different sites very often (e.g. through neteller), it probably wouldn't be worthwhile.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fortunately I changed over to GBP when the rate was quite good, so I have essentially avoided this whole fiasco.

Drawbacks:
1) You initially get charged conversion rate on your WHOLE bankroll.
2) If you change to GBP (or whatever) and have a USD neteller account, you will get hit with the exchange rate when transferring between them.

I think the best idea for many people would be something like this:
1) Cash out most money to neteller, leaving themselves with a minimal party roll (e.g. 5-10 buyins).
2) Then convert this to home currency, so that the conversion hit is kept to a minimum
3) Hope to grind out a decent roll on party again before going busto.

Once you have your roll in home currency, you don't have to worry about currency conversion ever again. When you sit/leave a table, it uses the same rate. Thus, all that happens with fluctuating exchange rates is that you are essentially playing slightly higher/lower stakes. The only real issue I can think of is if you expect to be transferring money between different sites very often (e.g. through neteller), it probably wouldn't be worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

You maybe right there. I have $120k on Party so should take some out into UK £s, but to avoid getting screwed on the exchange rate I'd need to convert the whole lot. I'm not sure I could convert what's left back at the same rate or not, but the dollaround rate is so [censored] changing the whole not now would make me feel sad.

Maybe I should just play even worst and go busto. That would solves all this malarchy.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:43 AM

I would seriously consider sticking $100k in neteller for the time being, and changing the $20k (depending on stakes etc) into home currency for your party bankroll.

Then cash out what you need from the neteller account (which has better exhange rate?) and leave some money in neteller (for other sites, and hoping that the exchange rate improves).

My long-term solution is that I essentially have 2 bankrolls now: A party bankroll (in GBP) and a non-party bankroll (in USD). They are both sufficient that it would have to take a serious downswing for me to have to consolidate the two bankrolls. I still get hit with the neteller/FT/PS conversion rate when cashing out from the USD bankroll, but I rarely have to worry about party exchange rate .
Old 07-26-2007, 08:05 AM

when you converted to GBP do you get hit with the dodgy exchange rate each time you sit down/leave a table?

To avoid the whole thing i just withdraw in USD, and the bank exchanges it to GBP automatically for me
Old 07-26-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To avoid the whole thing i just withdraw in USD, and the bank exchanges it to GBP automatically for me

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? How does that work.
Closed Thread