4th -

XX 26 call_call
XX 63 raise
84 A5 BET_call

5th -

XX 266 BET
XX 635 call
48 A52 here it is...

The guy with open 6s is losing. He is complaining about how he bricks every hand and he hasn't done much except peel too much on 4th and in general is just calling too much. This is the first time I remember aggression from him but lets remember that he is not an American, is losing, and we are in LA. Not being prejudice here just saying these guys have a tendency to blow up and make some astonishing plays.

The 3rd street aggressor is bad. I thought he might be OK because I over heard him talking about some 60-120 mix that he was in last night but then he played a horrid hand against me so I have come to the conclusion he sucks. Shows down anything and everything if he makes it to 4th.

One thing about this game in general however is that everyone knows how to play fairly well on 3rd. They just make a ton of obvious errors on later streets which makes the game very good. Mostly things like insta-calling down with something like J5J98 against a 643 board when not that much money has gone in on 3rd and 4th.

I would also say that 40% of the players also act passive in spots where they should maybe bet or raise. It is very rare to see multiple bets on go from 5th onward.

lol yes I cant remember any other up cards. I am positive everything else is perfect though.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Live 8b hand

Seems like a pretty easy raise to me. Bad scenario is a mutual freeroll that you're a little behind in.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:11 PM

I would make the effort to try and knock out the bring-in IF I wanted to play. Your hand doesn't play nearly as well in a 3-way pot as it does in HU play. You have an Ace...it's a powerful card to hold and your other low cards won't matter nearly as much as they will if you allow someone else to join the party. So I would either reraise 3rd or I would fold. And, by reraising with your Ace as your door, you are repping Aces and that may also allow you to buy the pot somewhere during the hand, as well.

And I'd raise 5th.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:46 PM

Rush,

I definitely agree with you that my hand plays much better HU. Against your standard player in this game this is a fact.

I was however directly to the right of the BI so no one was left to act in between us. I don't know if I mentioned this or not.

The idea of raising here to also just take control of the hand is also a very good idea. One thing I have however been experimenting with is keeping the pots small on 3rd when I have low cards so that when it gets to 4th and the situation goes sour I dont put myself in a terrible situation...basically peeling and or playing this hand HU against a pair. I would obviously much rather raise on 3rd here with a pair hand like 77A.

In this situation however the fact that I had the Ace in the door makes this is situation where on 4th I am clearly going to be in a better position a majority of the time if I raise on 3rd. So that was probably the play. In the heat of the moment though I didnt really love having an 8 in my hand so I think that affected my decision.