Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

ok i didnt read many replies, but i think it is sort of messed up that you are profiting from this. you say money doesnt matter to you, why not donate 100% to people affected by this? i mean i understand you have an opportunity here to make money, and you certainly owe nothing to the community, but it just seems v sketchy.

feel free to ignore this if its been said already.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 PM

You're right, my last line was over dramatic. BUT, there are thousands--or at least dozens--of reasons why having someone here with access to that information would be useful, from "can you check the name I wrote down, cuz I think I just met him" to "OK, I think, given what we just saw, we need to go public with <<dramabomb 63>>."

I agree that the odds of physical danger are fairly low, all things considered. I still think someone else should at least have access to the as-yet-unpublicized info.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

k thx
Old 10-23-2007, 09:35 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] people need to recognize that if not for nat and others working so hard on all of this, the players who were cheated would NOT be getting reimbursed. nat, adanthar, and co. are responsible for getting 700k+ of stolen monies back into the hands of the victims. that is a HUGE accomplishment and the online poker community owes nat et al a ton of thanks. remember, AP was trying to stonewall us and say that nothing happened, ergo nobody was going to be made whole. all of the initial work was done for free with no expectation of compensation. questioning nat's integrity and suggesting that he should go to costa rica at his own expense is both insulting and utterly stupid.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i didnt read many replies, but i think it is sort of messed up that you are profiting from this. you say money doesnt matter to you, why not donate 100% to people affected by this? i mean i understand you have an opportunity here to make money, and you certainly owe nothing to the community, but it just seems v sketchy.

[/ QUOTE ]

opportunity cost, risk etc. His time is not free, I'm thinking he should have aimed higher on his first offer, worst they can say is no. Hopefully at least 6 figures he gets.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do better work when I'm well paid for it than when I do it for free. I know I should work as hard on pro bono matters, but honestly I don't. So I hope he's paid pretty well.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the whole thread,not that you should need to it's pretty obv he aint gonna do this for free.

Would you?Just take time out and put your own plans back,plus he would end up -EV.

No wonder these threads are so god dam long!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:39 PM

why don't you guys just agree to match AP's offer?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:40 PM

Nice post. Those appear to be very good questions.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Organizational Chart: Before and After. They may not want to disclose the "innocent" or non-important managers/employees but we need to know the chain of command, especially all those of interest.

We need to know who was in charge and who is in charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first thought. Additionally, how will the changes in management result in the players gaining more faith in AP's security in the future. I have quite a few pages to go through yet, so someone else may have added this already. If so, sorry.