Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Damned if you bet, Damned if you donīt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you fold AQ,AJ on flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is a mistake to peel flop in villian's spot with AQ/AJ
Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I tend to agree.

My post should have been: "I would fold the turn at the latest"
Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if I CR flop with air/Ax

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If there is some dynamics between you two where you do this you should really put it in the OP if you want posters to take it under consideration

[/ QUOTE ]

No special dynamics between us.But as said in my OP he should be aware that Iīm capable to CR this flop with all kinds of possible holdings.He must know that this is the perfect flop for a bluff.

I really thought that you peeled (because youīre the king of peeling) AQ and AJ sometimes on a turn like this.Donīt you do it because you think Kx hands are such a big part of an average TAG villains range?
Because I think that villain should bet turn 100% of the times if he just gets called on flop regardless if he has a K or not.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:43 PM

LOL. Just checked. You actually did post it in your OP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My bad

well, there is this one player on party who will c/r me on this flop with Ax and prolly less. Against him I am not folding before the river because I know he will be giving up.

But one thing is being capable of c/r'ing these kind of flops with air when you just defended your BB. Another thing is to do it vs a PF 3-bet. I mean, you need to be sure he knows you will do that before you can put him on that A.

C/r'ing the flop with AT in your position also seems spewy to me. I just muck it right there because its gonna be an expensive bluff and he isnt gonna fold a bunch of better hands unless he 3-bet light. Something like A5s and A8o. If he is a tight PF 3-bettor his range is more like ATo and A9s. So if you have AJ it makes no sense to c/r IMO. If you have A5 and you think he folds Ax right there its closer to +EV

Sorry for the rambling
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then you sooner or later will have to adjust.Because I then will CR this flop a 100% of the time and I will make money in the long run.AQ-A9 is a substantial part of your preflop range.Folding Ax on flop will make the decision to checkraise flop real easy.I donīt even have to take a look at my hand before doing it.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then you sooner or later will have to adjust.Because I then will CR this flop a 100% of the time and I will make money in the long run.AQ-A9 is a substantial part of your preflop range.Folding Ax on flop will make the decision to checkraise flop real easy.I donīt even have to take a look at my hand before doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]
making a move on this flop is pure spew given the preflop action. I think either Hero or Villian continuing vs flop aggression with ace hi is a really bad RIO situation.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:54 PM

So if villain has 66+, A9s+, ATo+, KJs+, KQo - which I consider a tight range - Ax hands that doesnt have a pair or a bdfd is about one third of villains range. (If I am using the stove correctly)

I have to admit that c/r'ing this flop with QJ or A5 in hero's spot is prolly +EV against someone who we suspect will be folding Ax no bdfd right there.

Good post Apanage. I enjoy finding leaks and for some reason I find the most when you are getting stubborn with your points. TY!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

C/r'ing the flop with AT in your position also seems spewy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is profitable.Depending on if we always follow up with a turn bet or not and our opponents tendencies.

Villains range of better hands:
AK = 9 combos
AQ-AJ= 24 combos
AA-66= 54 combos
KQ = 12 combos
KJs = 3 combos

We are getting 11:2 on our raise on flop if we fold a better hand right there on the flop.
If you are not concerned about getting 3-bet by a worse hand I think you should CR flop.And you shouldnīt be concerned if you intended to check/fold anyway.
I donīt bother to count on a follow up on turn.Since there is too many ifs and buts.

Edit: I see that you beat me to it.Interesting that we had the same preflop range.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:22 PM

One thing to note Apa.

When his range gets wider to like 44, A5s, A8o, K9s, KTo, QTs, JTs and possibly lower sc it makes much less sense to c/r Ax. In particular your better Ax like AT and A9.

Against a range like that I doubt you should be c/r'ing AT.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:32 PM

I still think its a bad idea to make a move at this pot vs a tag. Just to clarify, I think villian should fold his Ax to a flop c/r here against another tag because a tag shouldn't make a move here. If that's not the case, then we can get into a sweet levelling war, etc.

Now, I don't think hero should try to make the villian fold his AQ/AJ because most tags will peel the flop, whether thats correct or not.

Another thing to consider is that if Villian 3bets (on the flop)only hands that beat hero (KK+, 66, AKs, KJs+, AKo, KQo), Hero will be getting 15:1 on calling that 3bet and he actually has about 10% equity. So, you put youself in a [censored] spot of folding despite really long odds, or seeing a turn in what is still a very bad RIO situation.