Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Angleshoot?

I am playing a semi organized homegame with 2 tables of €1/1NL . There is a dealer and rake but further than that it isn't that well organized with cheap chips and cheap table. The game runs every wednesday.

Earlyer i said that one guy who threw in the wrong chip (€25 instead of €5) was binding and the bet had to stay.

I am OTB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], ation folds to me, i raise to €6 and get one caller from the BB. Flop comes K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He checks and I bet €50 with two chips of 25, he makes a comment about why I bet so much and I say that €10 is not so much in a €13 pot, he the says that i made a bet of €50 and I now say that is a wrong bet and ask the dealer if i could change the bet, offcourse the bet is binding and after a while he shoves for €200 more and I call, he gets no help.

Now is this bad Etiquette or an angleshoot?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Angleshoot?

[ QUOTE ]
Now is this bad Etiquette or an angleshoot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Which incident? It could well be that you took an angleshot in the first case when you insisted the bet stand as €25.

At the very least this second case is an angleshoot. You deliberately acted incorrectly for your own benefit.

If it were a true home game, it would be a fine way to get yourself uninvited.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:04 AM

Yes, I hope I never play with you.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:24 AM

Angleshoot and you are a douche.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:31 AM

You are a retard shooter. Very lame.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:38 AM

It doesn't bother me. The information would have allowed me to fold if I was BB.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet €50 with two chips of 25,
he makes a comment about why I bet so much

[/ QUOTE ]
If you had bet then immediately tried to grab your bet back saying it was a mistake.
That would be an angleshot.

You're situation is more table talk. Which your opponent started.

If he's going to ask you a question you can answer. And you don't have to tell the truth.

Yeah it's an angle, but I kind of like it.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:36 PM

It's not straight-up, completely honest play, but as angles go, I'm with Steam--I kind of like it. Like Steam said, you just quietly tossed two chips out and said nothing until your opponent started table talking and at that point he's asking for it. It really is more in the fun mutually-agreed-upon table talk realm than the angling scum realm. What you did is fine with me.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe how commercialized this damn game has become. I am not usually into Poker101, but...

You people are unbelievably stupid...I want to sit at a table with you...I beg for it. And, I don't mind saying this because if you need to hear this said you will never have the stones to be competitive with the majority of people that you are playing with.

Have you heard of reverse tells? I want your money, while I don't play as high as others, your money is how i pay my bills, that's right...the mortgage on my condo in detroit, the rent on my apt in vegas, my car payment, boat payment...everything. If I am sitting at a table with you I want every penny you have on the table, in your pocket, on your debit card...money you can get from a loan shark and yes I even want your retirement fund and your ugly ass 8 year olds college fund.

I will do everything I need to get it and if you fools are worried about what is and isn't an angleshoot...more power to ya.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe how commercialized this damn game has become. I am not usually into Poker101, but...

You people are unbelievably stupid...I want to sit at a table with you...I beg for it. And, I don't mind saying this because if you need to hear this said you will never have the stones to be competitive with the majority of people that you are playing with.

Have you heard of reverse tells? I want your money, while I don't play as high as others, your money is how i pay my bills, that's right...the mortgage on my condo in detroit, the rent on my apt in vegas, my car payment, boat payment...everything. If I am sitting at a table with you I want every penny you have on the table, in your pocket, on your debit card...money you can get from a loan shark and yes I even want your retirement fund and your ugly ass 8 year olds college fund.

I will do everything I need to get it and if you fools are worried about what is and isn't an angleshoot...more power to ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre 12 years old, arent you?