Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Kings facing trouble

Cap the flop please given your reads. The rest of the hand would play differently from there. As played I would probably raise the turn and I may be able to find a fold on the river.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap the flop please given your reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong answer.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:11 PM

Good point about raising the turn, although it's not really for protection here against these guys. Value raising them on the turn is nice when the CO will call 2 for you and is predictable. Would you be able to fold the river when the CO wakes up if you raised the turn?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good point about raising the turn, although it's not really for protection here against these guys. Value raising them on the turn is nice when the CO will call 2 for you and is predictable. Would you be able to fold the river when the CO wakes up if you raised the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you define this turn raise as a protection raise, a value raise or a little of both makes no diffence to me. Im convinced its the best strategy possible in this situation regardless of he semantics.

Would I be able to fold the river after that line? Well to say the obvious, thats a function of pot size and our read on the villain. With the read the OP has given along with those stats, and this very large pot, I would make a crying call on the river hoping the villain is making an illogical play. Based on the logic of the hand, we cant be winning on the river, so hoping for the illogical is all we got. I think this pot is large enough and this opponent is bad enough to hope for the illogical.