Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: First losing month ever. Time to start leak searching

it took me way too long to realize the second to last paragraph heis wrote, super important in todays six max hold em games where people semi bluff automatically even on boards/spots they shouldnt with any draw or bd draw (and everyone peels any bd draw or overs) , and pure bluff board pairings with the weak hands they peeled (trying to fold out A hi or underpairs) and make stupid free showdown raises more than is optimal.

I now bet and happily calldown super weak hands (Ahi or better, sometimes K hi) on those kinds of boards vs most regular overaggros.

edit: to now say second to last paragraph heis wrote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Attention

[ QUOTE ]
fold to Riverbet 35% overall sd stats 37/54, iam propably running hot though

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold ti rvier bet 31.56%, SD stats 40/51. My river play is definitely my weakness right now.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:02 PM

There is no doubt that you´re right about that the LATAG:s love me.
But:

My blind play is not the issue.

2006 BB -0.11/hand >200K folding BB 62%
2007 BB -0.13/hand >100K folding BB 59%

I would say that puts me among top ten percent of all players regarding BB Stats.
Sure I´m tight from BB. But if it were a leak my stats wouldn´t be that good would they?
During my downswing that is now 450 BB (after todays play)i´m running -0.16 BB/hand from BB and I have defended more tha usual.
You may also remember that I had a winrate of ~2BB/100 last year playing 24/17 playing at the same site.
Also take into account that I almost never sit down with more than one TAG or LAGTAG just because I´m a table selecting freak. Therefore players that raise against my blinds has blind steal stats like 20% which IMO means that it is more correct to defend less.

I know you´re advocating being much looser preflop Stellar and I believe you´re right if you want to play 10/20 or above. But to beat the muppets I play against you really don´t need to.
And the other 2+2 regulars that plays at Pokerroom has similar stats like mine and are probably doing fine.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:07 PM

I will make all diffent kind of posts.And thank you very much for your offer Heis.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:14 PM

yep i think given the games u play youre preflop stats are close to optimal
Old 07-01-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As for how to handle OOP on the turn, don't check much, but you HAVE to call down turn raises lighter. To very agro/bluffy players, you can turn defensive and c/c, c/c.. But against most, don't give up the initiative.

On a drawy board (not too many completed), mid pair is the nuts to a turn raise from a lot of players.
On paired boards + a flush draw, ace high is the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

great advice, thank you! question though - why would we b/c against typical but c/c against aggro players? intuitively, it seems the value of b/c should grow faster than that of c/c as your opponent's aggression increases.