Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: The Worst Strategy You\'ve Overheard at a Table

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Please post this hand in MSL forum and see the responses of limit players. I think he played it just fine. I also think that you should STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur. Lolz at NL donks trying to analyze limit play. Hero's play is fine, but I probably would have just bet the flop. C/r is ok if you think a bet will come from very close to your left. I probably don't raise it offsuit (easy raise suited) either, but given all the donks limping with crap that would have been ok too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm more a limit player than NL. If you're going to be sanctimonius, you might learn your left from your right. You want to c/r a bet from your RIGHT, not your LEFT. Given that the bet came from your left, it would be much better to call, then lead the turn and hope he raises to clear the field, or if you get a great card, then c/r and trap the field for 2 big bets instead of 2 little ones. By c/r the flop, you are announcing you have a good hand, while simultaneously bloating the pot and providing great odds to the 27 callers. I don't think the play is lollerskates, though raising the SB with KQo against 6 limpers is pretty bad, just saying it's not really that good, imo afaik gfy.