Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 02:52 PM

Default River raises

Hand 1:

Villain:52/38/0.4 over 100 hands
Notes: Has capped 2 different raisers and 1 caller preflop with KQo then bet both flop and turn unimproved which was not consistent with his overall stats so far.

Bet flop?
Bet turn?
Screwplay turn?
Is the river sexy OK?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (1.5BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: 7.5BB

Hand 2:

Villain 50/20/0.8

My hand reading says that he donks river with a PP.What do you think?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>
Old 08-03-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: River raises

I would just bet out on the first hand, you dont have a monster or anything, just TP, keep it simple and play it straightforward, this guy seems like one who will peel here on the flop even if he doesnt have anything anyway. Second hand looks good
Old 08-03-2007, 03:02 PM

As I understood it a river sexy and a turn screwplay both means that you're the agressor on the previous street and then go for a c/r which doesn't really apply here. The river c/r in hand one is fine IMO. In hand 2 I just call as there are too many ways you're behind at this point. A5 got there, 3-flush on the board and pocket deuces seems to be in villians range.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:04 PM

yeah I forgot that i hadnīt bet earlier in the hand.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:05 PM

hand 2 is good imo

hand 1 I like the flop check, but I would have bet the turn to collect bets from gutshots and weak pairs. as played I think that you are usually ahead on the turn and should c/r for value.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 is good imo

hand 1 I like the flop check, but I would have bet the turn to collect bets from gutshots and weak pairs. as played I think that you are usually ahead on the turn and should c/r for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

word
Old 08-03-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 is good imo

[/ QUOTE ]

word

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-03-2007, 04:58 PM

I'm very interested in the river play on hand 2. I feel like I get owned by trips/flushes too much. I assume that folding to a 3bet is out of the question.

Actually, as I wrote this, I see that he's UTG, so trips is very unlikely and a flush pretty unlikely. Still, I'm pretty uneasy about raising a donk bet on the river with AA UI
Old 08-03-2007, 06:20 PM

Looking at his stats I donīt think he is aware of that there is a position called UTG.
I was 90% sure of that I was doing the right thing raising river since he plays any flush or trips really weird otherwise.
But weird is probably this guys middle name so I wanted to confirm that my river raise was correct.
And the consensus seems to be that it was correct.
He called river and his hand was mucked so I cannot say what he had.Not being able to see mucked hands are really annoying.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:25 PM

Hand 1 I would go ahead and bet the flop. Against this villain and with your reads I don't hate it. The way you played it though, why not c/r the turn?

Hand 2 I think looks pretty good. I just call there a lot, but it looks like it has value. Obviously the one problem is getting 3 bet. I know I can't fold there.