Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 06:09 AM

Default Candid camera?

This one is mostly for amusement.
Villains are all semi-loose passive which makes it puzzling.
Two of them has a WSD in the low 30-ish.
Are we ever losing here?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (16.5SB, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (16.25BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (32.25BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: 44.25BB
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows AH KH </font>
Old 07-07-2007, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Candid camera?

results?
Old 07-07-2007, 06:21 AM

CO called my river 3-bet.Sadly no mucked hands is shown
Old 07-07-2007, 06:23 AM

i meant their hands... i didn't realize you asked a question
Old 07-07-2007, 06:28 AM

uh, i feel like the river 3 bet is a bit much if he's passive like you say. then again, now that i see that he just called the river all i can do is LOL @ this hand
Old 07-07-2007, 05:36 PM

i call down from CO's turn 3-bet. you have both the ace and king of hearts. UTG's play so far is awful without QQ/JJ with the heart, so CO usually has, at worst, the 3rd or 4th nut one card flush, and most people will not 3-bet in that spot.

i think your river play is really bad.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:27 PM

Sure, you could sometimes be losing. With two lucys who limped late pf, yea they might have the Th7h or 7h5h.

After the CO raises the river, I'd get a really sinking feeling.

The CO eventually stopped raising, so he doesn't have the SF, but you didn't find that out until you 3 bet the river.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 PM

It was very hard for me to put CO on a better hand when he 3-bet turn.It would mean that he cold called T7h or 75h and then just smooth called the flop with a very vulnerable flush.
On the river I started to worry though. I did hesitate before I pressed that raise button on river.
My thinking was however that I not needed the best hand 66% of the time.Since it was pretty obvious that button wasnīt folding river no matter what. And I had a feeling that UTG would make a crying call in this enormous pot also even if it should be quite clear to him that he was beat.

All three players were like 40/10/1 so it was a very strange hand.
Since two of them obviously were way out of line I pretty much assumed that the third player didnīt have a clue either.

Maybe it is that line of thinking that puts me in top of the swing competition.
45 days of horror with a 480 BB downswing has ended and a 300 BB upswing has come in 5 days in July.
I have always considered my self to be weak tight but maybe Iīm over-aggro after all.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:26 PM

sorry but CO plays T7 or 75 of hearts like this waywaywayway more often than the Q or J high one card flush.

preflop: standard coldcall with two suited cards.
flop: holy gay i flopped a flush, watch this slowplay.
turn: i have nuts i raise obviously.

you're saying these hands seem less likely than a ridiculous turn spew with the 3rd or 4th nuts on this board when one of you obviously has the ace or king of hearts? did he just completely forget that it was capped preflop?

how can you say this?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:26 AM

Iīm not dumb.Even if it seems like that sometimes.
Normally the action on the later stages are more likely to correlate with villains actual hand.With that I mean that the true strength of their hands are more often shown on the later stages, even if their hands are unlikely given the way they played preflop or on flop.
So of course it is not less likely that he has a straight flush than to spew the river with a non-nuts hand if we look at it objectively.
My read on him was however that he would not cold call hands like the straight flush combos preflop.So when the turn 3-bet came I didnīt even give it a thought.(The only thing my brain said was please donīt pair the board on river)
Basically my feeling on river was that the guy was tilting after seeing a great hand go up in smoke.But since it is hard to trust ones instincts I really took a deep breath before I pressed the raise button.My estimation was that I had to be right about 45-50% of the times.And to be honest, deep inside I probably didnīt give a crap anyway.

It is OK if you think the river is played really bad.I can live with it.And I understand the reasons for why it is bad.
This post was really just meant to being fun since I never played a hand this weird. And even if I played bad at least I feel like I didnīt was the worst player in the hand.