Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Rural Voting

Update:

Just voted!

Apparently they didn't send cards out like they did before.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:28 PM

Default Re: ***Election Day Thread***

I'm surprised that exit poll results haven't leaked. We had pretty good numbers at this time in 2004. I guess the media trying to clamp down has been effective.

[ QUOTE ]
I just saw the latest polls that MO and VA are trending Democrat. The site I've been using has the Dems at 51 seats. Anyone want to give me the over and 2-1 at 50.5 Democratic Senate seats for $20 on Stars or Neteller? PM if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm taking the fact that I only got one offer on this as a good sign. This shop is closed BTW.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Exit poll results from CNN

[ QUOTE ]
Early exit poll results from CNN:
Most important issue to your vote - 42% corruption, 40% terrorism, 39% economy, 36% Iraq
57% disapprove of war in Iraq, 41% approve
62% said national issues made most difference in their vote, 33% said local issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhat mixed news there for the two parties, with the corruption number obviously not good for the GOP but the lower Iraq number not good for the Dems.

However, this question is not a good one for measuring what's behind people's votes. Its much more illustrative to ask people what was the single most important issue for them.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:56 PM

Too bad you can't vote for me, huh?

Old 11-07-2006, 07:06 PM

it's a good day - glad to be able to share it with you guys -

the polls should be closing and results will be better this time around - double the potential voter turnout in VA has very good promise - in addition, the busting of robocallers working for the Allen campaign doesn't bode well -

I was worried about losing VA, didn't think we could take TN, and have no idea about MO but if NJ is a lock I feel good - what a powerful statement to take back both houses - what an astounding mandate - (as the Republicans put it every time they get a 50.1 percent win)

congrats Iron81 - the return of adult supervision to Congress.

rb
Old 11-07-2006, 07:08 PM

Huffington Post just released some exit polls
Old 11-07-2006, 07:09 PM

EXIT POLLS (WITH A GRAIN OF SALT) AND MORE: SENATE EXIT POLLS AS OF 5:30 EST: Democrats Leading: Virginia (D52-R47), Rhode Island (D53-R46), Pennsylvania (D57-R42), Ohio (D57-R43), New Jersey (D52-R45), Montana (D53-R46), Missouri (D50-R48), Maryland (D53-R46)…GOP Leading: Tennessee (R51-D48), Arizona (R50-D46)…Polls Close In Kentucky…Voters Delayed In Tennessee, Indiana, Ohio, Florida…

NICE!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's a good day - glad to be able to share it with you guys -

the polls should be closing and results will be better this time around - double the potential voter turnout in VA has very good promise - in addition, the busting of robocallers working for the Allen campaign doesn't bode well -

I was worried about losing VA, didn't think we could take TN, and have no idea about MO but if NJ is a lock I feel good - what a powerful statement to take back both houses - what an astounding mandate - (as the Republicans put it every time they get a 50.1 percent win)

congrats Iron81 - the return of adult supervision to Congress.

I take it your assuming that Burns/Chafee/Steele won't win????

rb

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2006, 07:13 PM

We have new electronic machines here (Salt Lake), so I took a poker book with me in case there was a line and I had to wait.

Fortunately, there was no line. But as I'm standing there using every one of my sub-genius IQ points to figure out how to work the machine, one of the poll workers yells across the room: "Hey, I don't think that book is going to help you vote."

So I yell back, "I wouldn't be so sure!" Surprisingly, several people actually LOL. Senior citizens... they're easily amused, bless their hearts.

The machine worked well. In just a few minutes I registered my pointless contrarian vote, received my "I Voted" sticker, proudly pasted it on my jacket, and went merrily on my way.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:13 PM

For anyone wondering, if those numbers hold up, the Senate will be 51D-49R. Link?