Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Stud Hi (Stats)

Alright, I know, I know. "Not enough hands, come back when you have 100K"

I'm just wondering if this looks god-awful terrible, or would cause one to ask certain questions such as (why are you playing 2-4 or 3-6 when you can't even beat 1-2)

Old 11-09-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Stud Hi (Stats)

Would be somewhat helpful to see the rest of the line, including your raise %. It seems like you may be getting eaten up by the blinds a bit given your relatively low VPIP, but really tough to tell as it could just be a cold deck over a lot of that time.

I haven't played the 1/2 in a while but I think you can profitably play a few more hands in that game because it is usually fairly passive on 3rd and the implied odds are so big when you hit.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:02 PM

The less hands you are playing the more you win, so playing more hands may or may not be the answer.

It may be interesting to look at the 1/2 game and see if you started as a big loser and are now beating it, but haven't over-come your initial loss.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The less hands you are playing the more you win, so playing more hands may or may not be the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he is getting ante'd away or passing up +EV opportunities. When I played the 1/2 on FT, I was up over 2BB/100 playing in the 25-26 VPIP range over 12K hands (yes, sample size)...It doesn't hurt you as bad to limp with a bunch of hands that you wouldn't dream of playing in a higher game.

You have a good chance of beating that game playing very few hands, but I think you can beat it for more by opening up a little, especially if you play the extra hands correctly....also realize I am only talking an extra 3% or so, I'm not saying to start playing 35-40%.

[ QUOTE ]
It may be interesting to look at the 1/2 game and see if you started as a big loser and are now beating it, but haven't over-come your initial loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(why are you playing 2-4 or 3-6 when you can't even beat 1-2)

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the rake is less of a factor and the players aren't much better? I would think that $3/6 would be a better spot than $1/2 for a lot of players.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:23 PM

You missed my points on this matter before. They still apply. The 44% means a lot, but I might sound rude if I gave u a honest answer; so review that area.