Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Annette_15 chipleader FT EPT Dublin!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote and add your own name below.

Annette_15 please stop running superhot.

Signed,

RakeMePlz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you care if she's running hot? It doesn't affect you in any way, so why not be happy for her?
And what's up with all the haters anyway? I guess there's a huge amount of jealousy out there when it comes to this girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's always jealousy in tournament poker. But there's also a hell of a lot of luck too. Of course she's quite good, there's no denying that. She's definitely in the top 1% of tournament players but to deny that she's running absolutely insane is to be ignorant to the variance of tournaments and poker in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously though, that was probably the coolest thing about Alex Jacob. He's definitely up there as one of the best, but he constantly acknowledged that he was running way hotter than normal expectation.

I know a few really really good players that are like this as well. In fact, their bankroll is the product of them thinking they are the best player ever (very few BIs). At some point there's a realization of just how bad variance can be, and MTTs have horrendous variance.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:25 PM

I'd hit it....with a baseball bat.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd hit it....with a baseball bat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see what you did there
Old 11-03-2007, 07:29 PM

Huge bummer Annette. GJ anyway.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:32 PM

H4tT0rZ!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously post pics of yourself right now u [censored] assclown. how can anyone be this oblivious and borderline evil? what the [censored] makes u think she wants to spend a bunch of money to please disgusting bigots like urself? seriously u [censored] disgust me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa there panama red, you're getting all hot and steamed at your keyboard for nothing. I'm not implying at all that she should ever do this, i'm saying this in defense of her from the people that are trying to talk sh*t about her because of her looks. I'm basically telling them that if she really cared about appeasing to their idea of beauty she could easily do so if she wanted to but since she choses not to thats her prerogative. The fact that any woman can just illustrates that judging her based on her looks is extremely shallow in the first place since if she did decide to go do all that to herself she'd still be the same person but all the people in the thread dogging her would be sweating her.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But honestly, do we ever talk this much about a male poker player's appearance? As fun as this place is at times, the sexism and chauvinistic attitudes are bit much at times.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT. unless you read only strategy threads, it's nearly impossible to read more than 10 threads on 2+2 without seeing some sort of misogynistic remark.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:15 AM

I think she is much more awesome than these stripper bitches who TV pros tutor for sex.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:31 AM

Uhhh, where the stripper bitches at? I've got a desk and a ruler...
Old 11-05-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But honestly, do we ever talk this much about a male poker player's appearance? As fun as this place is at times, the sexism and chauvinistic attitudes are bit much at times.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT. unless you read only strategy threads, it's nearly impossible to read more than 10 threads on 2+2 without seeing some sort of misogynistic remark.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT??? "WTF" does that mean?

I just wanted to say that I agree with those who find Annette uncharming on interviews - hell, I'm even from Norway and I don't like her much as a person. But to those who claim she is just running hot: get over your friggin obvious jealousy issues. She's one of the biggest tourney winners online throughoug history only 19 years old and is now starting crush live games as well - if you truly believe that is all luck, then I suggest you all take some classes in math: probability and statistics, or just keep donkin' away your money thinking it's all bad luck.