Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Top Chef 9/19

Several points-

How does Sara under cook the fish in the Quickfire? Why not cook it with a few minutes to spare, just in case?

How does Dale keep forgetting main parts of his dishes?

The French judge wants a piece of Casey. So do Dids and I. Get in line old man.

Casey and Hung top two, if its anybody else I'll be shocked.

Padma or Casey?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Top Chef 9/19

kidding me padma of course
Old 09-20-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kidding me padma of course

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides Dids, the old french judge, and myself, there have to be more people who find Casey attractive in the "girl next door" kind of way. Plus, she can cook. Granted, I've just discovered some Padma nude pics, so I'll take them both.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:34 AM

Casey > Padma imo, this is in part factor on personality. Padma has an unfriendly intensity that I'm not feeling, whereas Casey just seems friendly and cool. Sara N. is still my fav though.

Thoughts:

I found this ep slightly boring. I actually wanted to see more about what they were cooking. I though the challenge was interesting, but I wanted to hear more about the technique. I'd like to think myself reasonably culinarily aware, but I had no idea what Casey's dish was supposed to be until too late.

Hung, still with a really unimaginative choice. This is just based off a little bit of reading, and a lot of Iron Chef, but Sous Vide (or however you spell it) feels played out. That said, it might have been a wise choice for the French Culinary context.

It felt like they telegraphed Sara's departure pretty strongly.

I think Dale's a little bitch wrt Hung. He's got some stupid expectations for how people should behave in a damn competition.

That one judge's nose was frankly out of control and needs to be stopped before it kills again.

Dale's whole "nothing is perfect the first time I make it" attitude makes sense, but it would seem like a "Top Chef" shouldn't have that problem, especially with chicken.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:01 AM

Casey = MacBook Pro. Hung = 0

And this seemed like a much more pressure-packed competition in front of the toughest judges to date. Without any "team" theme to fall back on either.

They sure are editing Hung to look like the bad guy. Casey looks like the designated winner to me.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides Dids, the old french judge, and myself, there have to be more people who find Casey attractive

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely do, and I know that El Diablo, among others, has said so as well in past Top Chef threads.

-McGee
Old 09-20-2007, 11:49 AM

I think Casey looks pretty good as well. I also think both her and Hung will be the final two but I do not think she is most deserving. I truly believe she is in the final four because of her looks and because the producers want to keep her around for the male audience. Hung is the best chef from what I have seen but not having tasted any of the food made by the chefs make it difficult as a viewer to have a real valid opinion. I also thought CJ was an excellent chef and it was a shame he was sent home before people like Brian, Dale (who seems to create mediocre dishes every episode), and Sara.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to think myself reasonably culinarily aware, but I had no idea what Casey's dish was supposed to be until too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hung, still with a really unimaginative choice. This is just based off a little bit of reading, and a lot of Iron Chef, but Sous Vide (or however you spell it) feels played out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm lost. Seems like you should switch the two dishes - plenty of people don't know sous vide but coq a vin is a pretty common dish.

Interesting, I thought, how they differently interpreted "classic." Coq au vin is about as classic as it gets - but what's with giving her a hard time over not using rooster? That's just silly.

Sous vide has been classic for how long?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:09 PM

I think most of the contestants realize that Hung is the favorite to win it all. He may not, depending on the challenges, but it's interesting that they seem to realize he's got skills beyond their own.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That one judge's nose was frankly out of control and needs to be stopped before it kills again.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - yeah - I've never seen a nose like that on even a 20 yr boxer.

Casey is smokin'

Next week should be good with Eric Ripart back as judge.