Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 10:39 PM

Default $5 HORSE tourney

I checked 5th street because I felt beat, I wanted to check 6th steet too, but bet it when the blank 2 came off...hand really confused me???

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High (50/100), Ante 10, Bring-In 15 (converter)

Hero: 1,622
Seat 2: 2,261
Seat 3: 902
Seat 4: 1,232
Seat 5: 1,386
Seat 6: 1,976
Seat 7: 986
Seat 8: 1,635

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.90 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.95 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (2.95 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River - (4.95 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (6.95 BB - 695)
Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: $5 HORSE tourney

don't check 5th here. Why give him a free card when the best he has is 7's maybe jacks? He probably was on a drawing hand the whole time and hit it on the river. Maybe spade flush?
Old 11-20-2007, 12:36 AM

It looks like maybe a random 2 pair. I don't see him having you beat on 4th or 5th. Even a flush draw doesn't look right to me, a lot of players would semi bluff with a pair + FD especially if they think they might be good, or have some other outs. Plus what does he have that can give him a flush? He'd need to have started with 2 spades in the hole which means he either has a pair of sevens or a non-paired hand, but what would *that* be? 789? 567? That seems a pretty unlikely hand to take heads up.

His behavior if he has an underpair is strange also, though. He's putting in a lot of action not knowing where he stands if that's the case.

If I had to guess, 7th is a bluff or 2 pair. And I don't really think it's a bluff.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I checked 5th street because I felt beat, I wanted to check 6th steet too, but bet it when the blank 2 came off...hand really confused me???

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder why you felt beat? I respect premonitions, but I can't find a single scary thing here. I think if you'd bet 5th, you'd have felt less lost later.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:15 AM

Third good. Fourth good. Fifth bad. The other guy is showing 73J. What are you afraid of? Fifth is your best chance to get this guy to fold, or you can make some of him. Both of these things are good. Bet your damned hand already. Sixth is worth betting. Checking one pair on the river is usually sensible. The pot is so small that you can almost fold this one. I'm in the habit of making pots too big to fold.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:24 AM

he showed 7's full of 2's to win pot
Old 11-20-2007, 12:15 PM

72 in the hole? 22 in the hole?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:17 PM

if he had (7-7)-7 in the hole please give me his FT sn cause he played it horribly
Old 11-20-2007, 01:19 PM

Yeah I discounted that entirely [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] In fact 72 is the only hand that makes even a little sense to me.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:30 PM

There is an excellent chance that he sucks at poker. He might also have folded bare Sevens on fifth street if you had bet.