Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the most hated mod?
NT! 19 12.42%
iron81 3 1.96%
Dynasty 22 14.38%
diebitter 20 13.07%
Dids 44 28.76%
daryn 8 5.23%
[censored] 25 16.34%
Other/ write-in 12 7.84%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Line cutting scenario (long + polls + MSPaint)

I would have been tickled [censored] pink just to see that there was any line to begin with. Have you ever been to an airport where the taxi line was totally unregulated by the people who are supposed to control such things? Absolute chaos, especially when everyone sees some aggressive Russian who just arrived push his way into a cab before everyone else. Then it's thunderdome time and these shoving matches are my absolute nightmare.

Assuming there is a line I can't really get worked up about the guy cutting. It doesn't affect me that much, and it basically reveals that he is a huge [censored]. I do feel sorry for people like that.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:52 PM

I'm not all that surprised by what others see as a high percentage of respondents replying that they would say something. Consider:

1) 2P2ers are most male, typically intelligent, mostly young, and are likely to either be aggressive or have an idealistic sense of justice that causes them to act in these situations.

2) ED made it clear that he was only a few people behind the cutter. If someone cuts ten ahead, I don't do anything, expecting those closer to take care of their responsibility to the rest of us. If someone cuts within 2 or 3 ahead of me, I will usually try to make them feel like the jerk they are (unless there's a decent potential of a violent escalation).

3) The guy as wearing a Bluetooth. I wonder if fewer people would claim to intervene if the situation hadn't included that info.

All in all, I think 65% isn't ridiculously high, and wouldn't have been surprised if it was higher.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:36 PM

It's 2bly inexcusable 'cos he could just ask someone:
'Brooklyn, WallSt, Midtown, UES, UWS, Queens, NJ' and split a cab, if he wanted to move up WITHOUT jumping the line and taking someone's cab.

What a douche.

LOL at everyone afraid it will escalate to a physical confrontation or get them killed if they open their mouths. You have a 6500-1 chance of dying in an auto crash this year, are you gonna stop driving too?

You could always call 911/311 and tell them you saw a guy making terroristic threats & putting a suspicious package in the back of a cab at JFK and give the cab # he gets in, if you really wanted to ruin the guy's day. Def over the top, but possibly worth it. Cops will pull him over in <10 mins and he will be there a while.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You could always call 911/311 and tell them you saw a guy making terroristic threats & putting a suspicious package in the back of a cab at JFK and give the cab # he gets in, if you really wanted to ruin the guy's day. Def over the top, but possibly worth it. Cops will pull him over in <10 mins and he will be there a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

this suggestion is downright horrible: it's passive-aggressive, personally screws over the cab driver/investigators, wastes public resources, etc.