Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Ongame freezing

hi guys,

i'm not a huge poster but i figured if i had an online poker question this would be the place to go. I currently play at ongame at towergaming. I preferable 8+ table but i've been running into some problems. very frequently when i have 6 tables open and another one pops open that i was wait listed for not-only does it take about 5 minutes to open, all my other tables freeze and i get booted off like half of them. i know this is a common problem and i was wondering if there's any solution other than buying a new computer. and i don't even know if getting a new computer would help. right now i have a 2 GHz processor and 1 Gig of ram which should be enough to play 8+ tables. please let me know what the solution is 2+2ers. I've emailed support at tower at the response they give me is useless that it's my computer's fault that the signal cuts out. arghhhh.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Ongame freezing

Pretty much common knowledge that Ongame software sucks.

I have noticed that when playing more than 5 tables the hand histories don't keep up with the play. In longer sessions I have noticed delays of up to 15 minutes. That's also usually when the issue of freezing by new tables popping up becomes most apparent.

If you're looking for an answer to the problem: There is none. And I don't think that a faster computer helps much since this is badly programmed software that will at some point even clog up the fastest machine, just maybe a little later.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:59 PM

darn

do all these mods i see posted not help with that? they just change the look?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:56 AM

Yeah they only change the look.
The real solution would be that Ongame rewrite this piece of [censored]. But they don't care.
Has anybody ever imagined if this [censored] will ever be up to line to the current tech eg. rsizable tables, games filtering...etc??
No way they can do it, no way they are just incompetent and ignorant.

Anyway here are the things I did to improve the performance:
- turn off Popup table on action!!!
- turn off any unnecessary things
- start Pokertracker Belownormal
- I use NOD32 so I excluded every file that this [censored] continously write to the HD
- dont run anthing only their client
...etc

Do not think that a new computer will help.
This [censored] can kick any system/CPU into the redzone 90-100% easily. It is that bad thats all.