Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Sex with hot alien
of course, im desperate! 143 65.30%
hell no its a damn alien! 76 34.70%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2007, 01:50 AM

Default POKER MORALS/ETHICS....What do you think of this situation...

I recently went to VEGAS. And one of my 'boys' from my old crew lives in vegas...He said 'come out here and i'll get half your action in everything'...and i was like 'kewl, we'll have a ball'..

So the first day, we went half/half on 3 tournaments...I got some tough beats in all of them...The next day...I'm on the phone with him and im like "i'm a go play the Ceasar's tournament, do you want half my action in it?' and he said "I dunno..it depends if i get there on time...maybe".....He doenst show up- so I buy myself in.
He then pops up 2 MINUTES after I won the whole thing...and after i collect my money, he's asking me for half....and im like 'wtf. you didnt even buy me in and we didnt agree to [censored]'
we fought in the hotel right there..

i'm not greedy- but am i right or wrong here? You cant wait until the end of a tournament and SEE the results, and THEN ask for the money.

The messed up part is that I offered him 500 DOLLARS...and a night out on town with me covering all the expenses, AND to 'stake him a couple times...AND half my action in the 540$ Venetian tournament..

That was MORE than enough...My friend said 'you shouldn't have even offered him a [censored] penny".

These are the 'rules of staking'. If you're not there during the time of the buy in...and you dont pay for it, you DONT get someone's action. PERIOD.

Even with that said, i STILL gave him the offer on the phone...I said 'do you want half my action'........If he simply said "Yes. I'm good for the buyin". then we would've had a verbal agreement, and he would've made THOUSANDS of dollars. But instead, he was a greedy prick with his hand out 5 minutes after i win a big tournament and celebrating my Vegas trip.

He thinks I 'screwed him over'...and i think he's simply dilusional and doesn't understand the way 'stakes and agreements' work.

Keep in mind, i HATE what Jamie Gold did, so i'd never stiff one of my boys. But this is ridicilous.

What's yall opinions?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: POKER MORALS/ETHICS....What do you think of this situation...

Why even bother asking? The way you've framed this, there is no way you are wrong, and I don't believe you think anyone will seriously think you were wrong.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
VEGAS
MINUTES
SEE
THEN
DOLLARS
AND
AND
MORE
DONT
PERIOD
STILL
THOUSANDS
HATE

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-20-2007, 02:18 AM

If it really went down like this your friend is a [censored] idiot.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:30 AM

It does sound like you contradict yourself slightly here.

[ QUOTE ]
'come out here and i'll get half your action in everything'

And

He doenst show up- so I buy myself in.
He then pops up 2 MINUTES after I won the whole thing...and after i collect my money, he's asking me for half

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on all of this, despite the slight contradictory comments in between. If you were going to get half your action from your friend, which you stated at the beginning, he should have provided for your funds upfront for the whole weekend. This exception seems to be a clause, as he changed his story at that point where you ask about the tournament.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:34 AM

How much did you win, out of curiousity?
Old 02-20-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why even bother asking? The way you've framed this, there is no way you are wrong, and I don't believe you think anyone will seriously think you were wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 02-20-2007, 02:37 AM

It sounds like you're only telling half the story. Only one person would be dumb enough to say your "friend" was in the right. Even though I suspect that person voted "your friend" since it is BBV.

Good job BBV.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:07 AM

Question:

"...I'll get half your action in everything..."

When you agreed to this before going on the trip, was it to be truly everything or just what he was there for at the buy in? If it was really everything, he should have been good for half the buy in when finally he saw you, regardless of the result.

It also sounds as if he'd already been covering half of all your buy ins to that point, so there's little reason to think that he wouldn't have ponied up on time if he had been able to be there.

This is what he may have thought the agreement was from the beginning, and it would explain why he's upset.

Second question... why was he late? Was it truly unavoidable? I doubt that the buy in was enough to cause him to dodge you over it earlier in the day.

I'm not needling or trying to twist anything. The truth is that there are other areas of life that have taught me to be very careful about using the words "everything" and "anything" because many people DO take them *literally*.

I've been in a few situations where those words caused major problems and have seen many more where they caused problems for others. I can't help but wonder if this isn't simply another situation that should be added to that list.

Think about it... what kind of guy is he? If you're confident that he would have paid half even if you busted, you might want to chalk up his late arrival to dumb luck and stick to the idea of "everything".

I can't make that call because I don't know either of you. It's something you're going to have to suss out for yourself.

Vorlin
Old 02-20-2007, 10:33 AM

No bastard option so I couldnt vote. Please fix poll.