Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Top Two on a very scary flop and turn...

I have been religiously stealing blinds at any opportunity, the raise generally goes from $6-$10 depending on how I feel and possibly if there are any limpers in the pot. Sometimes I'll raise $6 with this hand, sometimes $10 or $12 depending on how I feel, but this time I just clicked the pot button and let it roll... The villain is a calling station, I know as much, I also think he lacks respect for me possibly because I have been stealing blinds quite a bit, and because I almost always fire a cbet unless the board is really really ugly, and I generally take down the pot with that cbet...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (7 handed)
Full
Tilt
Converter Tool from
FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2
Forums)

MP2 ($229.85)
CO ($36.85)
Button ($125.90)
Hero ($208.90)
BB ($190)
UTG ($706.05)
MP1 ($64.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to
$7</font>, BB calls $4.

Flop: ($13) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2
players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10.

Turn: ($33) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($33) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $32</font>, Hero calls $32.

Final Pot: $97

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ks Qs (two pair, kings and queens).
BB has 9s Ts (straight, king high).
Outcome: BB wins $97. </font>
When he called the flop, my first instinct was a pair with an OESD something like jt, or qt, so I checked behind on the turn to see if he bet. If he bet I planned on check raising to find out right there where I was, but after he checks behind I'm more inclined to think he hit the nuts with AT, AQ or something similar. I'm wondering if I could have played the turn a little more aggro, or maybe pushed the river because he checked behind on the turn...? The results are outstanding, when I saw his hand I was shocked...

I really knew I shouldn't have called that river... I really did... I hated calling more then anything, but I really needed to see what he had for future information, just to see how he played the hand... Feel free to scold/laugh/slap me for calling that river, I deserve it, I just needed to see what he called me with...

I knew I could be ahead of jt, jq or kj, but that's it..
Old 11-16-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Top Two on a very scary flop and turn...

I'd probably lead the river given the turn was checked through, betting like $20 and folding to a raise. But, as played, fold, because I doubt he's VBing 2 pair or worse.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:03 PM

I can see that, I'm sure he calls at least, maybe raises, and I definitely fold.... But what about the turn?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:04 PM

I'd lead turn too, since he's a station. If he calls turn, I'd probably c/f river or toss out a weak blocking bet. If he raises turn, it's obviously a fold.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:06 PM

Yea I can see it... That was my worry though, I bet he calls, I'm sure of it, and I still have no information because he would call with anything, refer to call on flop with T9... haha
Old 11-16-2007, 02:08 PM

If he calls with anything, that's a reason to bet, not a reason to check.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 PM

def bet/fold turn imo. I'd also lead river as played. Your idea of c/ring the turn to "see where you're at" is really bad.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:22 PM

Well the idea was to get some kind of information, by the river I kinda gave up, but betting the whole way would cost me more then the river call..... I was trying to see his cards for the cheapest possible price, and I probably could have accomplished that by betting $30 myself on the river...

If i bet the turn and he calls, I c/f the river no? A check raise on the turn assuming he's not the worst player on earth should def tell me if he has an ace no? Most people would not call a check raise on that turn without an ace... I would think...