Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL NCAAF Rank\'em thread: October 14, 2007

[ QUOTE ]

4. Oklahoma -- how did this team lose to Colorado?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lulled us to sleep.....let us get up 17 and BAM
Old 10-15-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Based purely on what the teams have achieved on the field thus far

1. South Florida
2. Boston College
3. Ohio State
4. Arizona State
5. LSU
6. Oklahoma
7. Kansas
8. Cal
9. Oregon
10. South Carolina

[/ QUOTE ]
You think Cal has achieved more on the field than Oregon thus far? They have a MUCH worse single score home loss...

Granted Cal's best win (@Oregon by 7) is more impressive than Oregon's best win (@Michigan by 32), but a 14 point home win vs Tennessee is their second best win, and their other wins are Arizona and LA Tech at home, and a 6 point squeaker at Colorado State. I think Oregon's other wins (Houston, Fresno and WSU at home by 21, 31, and 46, and a 24 point road win @Stanford) are collectively more impressive, given the consistent margins. I'd consider Oregon's resume better right now. Mostly because of a much more forgivable loss.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:04 AM

I think if you're trying to go "purely on what the teams have achieved on the field to the point of putting BC and Arizona State ahead of LSU, what's surprising is not having Kentucky in the Top 10 at all. Winning vs. Louisville, at Arkansas, and vs. LSU is a lot more impressive than anything that Oklahoma, Cal, or South Carolina was done. If I was going 100% on resume and not weighting my personal feelings on who's better at all, I'd have:

1. South Florida
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. Kentucky
5. Boston College
6. South Carolina
7. Kansas
8. Oklahoma
9. Arizona State
10. California
Old 10-15-2007, 10:44 AM

Out of lurking:

1. OSU: I hate #1 rankings as a reward for weak schedules, but they are solid on D. Hard to know how good they are.
2. LSU: I'm surprised I'm doing this, but even after the KY game, they still look like the best team.
3. USF: Results oriented. Auburn was so horrible on offense when they played them, and the W.Va game was sloppy, but...
4. Ok: Very solid. Their one road loss may be forgiveable.
5. BC: Haven't really seen them. Not convinced, but they are undefeated...
6. OR: Home loss hurts them, but they're still very solid.
7. KY: They looked outmanned against LSU at times. Saved by bad play calls at the end, but a scrappy bunch.
8. S.Car.: Capable of beating anyone at home, but trouble matching up vs. LSU or even U of FL
9. Cal: They didn't have their QB, but can't excuse them. They could move back up quickly with their schedule if they win out.
10. ASU: Undefeated, but not for long.
11. Kansas: ditto
12. Missouri
13. Florida: The best 2 loss team ever?
14. Auburn: (My team) Their offense was an absolute aberration early. Now it's better than terrible. Great defense if they can ever get off the field. Losing to Miss St. at home is awful. The way they beat the Gators on the road with the refs trying to screw them every step of the way was awesome. Not very objective I know.
15. USC: Struggling.
16. Texas: Great talent of course.
17. Tenn
18. Hawaii
19. Tex Tech
20. GA
Old 10-15-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you're trying to go "purely on what the teams have achieved on the field to the point of putting BC and Arizona State ahead of LSU, what's surprising is not having Kentucky in the Top 10 at all. Winning vs. Louisville, at Arkansas, and vs. LSU is a lot more impressive than anything that Oklahoma, Cal, or South Carolina was done. If I was going 100% on resume and not weighting my personal feelings on who's better at all, I'd have:

1. South Florida
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. Kentucky
5. Boston College
6. South Carolina
7. Kansas
8. Oklahoma
9. Arizona State
10. California

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, do you actually watch college football games? Are you the same person who had GT at #5 earlier?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:12 PM

anyone catch the 4th quarter of the oregon st cal game. talk about exciting!

would have loved seeing the LSU kentucky game but had another committment.

can't wait till next saturday

actually this coming thursday should be good. we get to see south florida take on rutgers. hope its a close game
Old 10-15-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In light of Michigan's resurrection is some of the heat off Carr/English/DeBord? We had all written them off for dead after ASU/Oregon, but it turns out Oregon is a damn good team, and Michigan has won 5 straight since then against some tough teams.

[/ QUOTE ]
If they aren't gone at the end of this year, the fans will riot. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan fans make me smile. Their program has the 2nd most wins in D1 in the last 10 years, but they hate the coach because he does poorly against tOSU and in bowls. 2 early season losses, and now he's fired regardless of what he does against tOSU and in the bowl...
Old 10-15-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In light of Michigan's resurrection is some of the heat off Carr/English/DeBord? We had all written them off for dead after ASU/Oregon, but it turns out Oregon is a damn good team, and Michigan has won 5 straight since then against some tough teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan fans make me smile. Their program has the 2nd most wins in D1 in the last 10 years, but they hate the coach because he does poorly against tOSU and in bowls. 2 early season losses, and now he's fired regardless of what he does against tOSU and in the bowl...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still trying to figure out who those tough teams were: Notre Dame, Penn St, Northwestern, Eastern Michigan, Purdue?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still trying to figure out who those tough teams were: Notre Dame, Penn St, Northwestern, Eastern Michigan, Purdue?

[/ QUOTE ]

Penn State is no pushover. The rest are laughable, especially since NW and EMU gave Michigan a run for their money.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is Michigan is underachieving