FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i miss ashley
Old 10-26-2007, 01:42 AM

someone explain to me this thing about 2 idols. when was this mentioned in the show?

also, the producers had to have rigged this episode. the reason being that both sides knew that the only effective strategy would be to lose the immunity contest. by losing you are guaranteed to have the majority votes to cast out a member of the opposing tribe.

can you imagine if the producers had not done something. both tribes would have refused to take a single bite of anything.

at the risk of being labeled a freak, i think that twig chick --courtney-- would be a hell of a lay. granted, i prefer chicks with more meat on their bones but given a choice between a 160lb+ heffer or someone borderline anorexic --there's no question who i'm taking. plus you have to figure they're going to pack on some weight as they get older.

also so glad to see jean robert sticking around. the guy's got personality. i ran into him in person once and he comes across the same way on TV. i think it's amusing. he's the type of guy i'd want to hang out with for the humor. comments like, "...hey dog, i know you want a piece of that" as he gives you a high five with a big grin.

one other thing, i think a lot of people are put off by the whole "professional poker" thing. jean robert should have told them he helps out his family in some family owned restaurant or something along those lines. i believe he used to own a nightclub or something like that. saying he worked in a family restaurant would be something that he would be able to pull off since they are somewhat similar.

--but when you say you are a "professional poker player" a lot of people are going to come up with a lot of negative stereotypes --- lying, conniving, lazy, gluttonous, chain smoking, bum who refuses to get a real job.

the waitress, courtney, who probably goes home every night with aching feet probably resents the hell out of him.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:16 AM

Yay! James is still in play. Bless Todd's heart for giving him the idol and a plan. James totally needs someone like Todd strategizing for him...not that James is dumb, he's just too straight forward. What a fine piece of man.

I've disliked Courtney from day one when she was hating on everybody. Why come on a show like this if you are some kind of New York social elitest with no ability to compete physically and no desire to make connections socially? She can't go home soon enough.

I forget who made the rooting for the underdogs remarks, but in the game of Survivor, the biggest physical threat typically IS the underdog. Terry was the studly man I was thinking of in my last post. They showed a clip. He won 5 challenges in a row, but the minute he slipped, he was gone. If you are likable and a dominant competitor, you are in everyone's crosshairs. It's nearly impossible to win out and that's exactly what you have to do.

Sherea and Courtney make a nice pair. One worthless at camp, the other worthless in challenges...and at camp.

See what I mean about JRB? If someone wanted to chastize him about directing unwanted sexual innuendo at Amanda? and Courtney, I would completely understand. But Sherea jumping all over him at tribal for making benign comments in response to a question from Jeff seemed out of place. I think Courtney saying she doesn't like JRB because makes judgemental comments about people and then saying he was a crappy person in the next breath was one of the more amusing speeches.

Man I never thought I'd be thinking defensively on behalf of JRB. Insanity.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:33 AM

maybe im totally off but i dont think james has two immunity idols. i got the impression he was told to take the one that is located in the same place at his camp. the idol that was found this episode is todd's i guess or maybe amanda's but frosti knows about it...not sure how that works if they bury it or something...but i definitely thought james did not take the physical idol from the red tribe with him back to the yellow camp.

as for sherea, what a worthless pos. she has been in the same tribe as JRB for less than 6 days and is hating on him like he rapes babies. granted it was a bit of a last ditch effort to sway voters but while u can blame some things on editing, she had legit hate in her eyes and on her face at tribal council and while voting.

most people can come across bad on tv (courtney or jrb or dave the model for example) but i truly believe them to be goodhearted people in the end but obviously flawed. i actually think that sherea is a horrible horrible person and cannot fathom that she is a school teacher. if i were a parent knowing my kid was going to be in her class i would do whatever was necessary to avoid it including moving my yet to be conceived kid to another school.

courtney pretty much f'ed herself in the loooong run but as mentioned is in pretty good shape because she is so not a threat. but turning on a good alliance isnt very logical. still bound for a semi deep run because she can barely pick herself up in the morning.

and yes she is hot (great face...even looks hot rolling her eyes). so is amanda especially after losing a few lbs.

not sure why the plan was to vote jaime instead of erik. he is obviously more of a threat down the line but serves the same purpose of breaking up that group/duo.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
someone explain to me this thing about 2 idols. when was this mentioned in the show?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is 1 hidden at each camp. The person captured gets a clue to give to a member of the opposite team each week.

[ QUOTE ]

also, the producers had to have rigged this episode. the reason being that both sides knew that the only effective strategy would be to lose the immunity contest. by losing you are guaranteed to have the majority votes to cast out a member of the opposing tribe.

can you imagine if the producers had not done something. both tribes would have refused to take a single bite of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the lunch lady wasn't trying to throw the challenge, she just couldn't choke the thing down. James should have said "I give up" before she could TMO.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:48 AM

Wow, I never thought of James not taking the one idol and being dependant on getting the one at his camp.

Thats not how I took it, but it would make sense and be a safer way to play it from the flight attendant dude. I took it as he was supposed to get the other one and I guess give it to Todd? when they merged.

Him keeping both of them would be money though although he would have a target on his back. I guess he could pass one of them off every time he wins a challenge to secure some allies and threaten them with physical violence if they dont give it back if they dont need it.

ArnoldO: Courtney appears to be the rare type of girl that will actually get skinnier as she gets older. The older ladies that look like they are about to die.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:09 AM

What a great ep. Props to Todd for coming up with a genius meta-game plan to counter the other tribe's plan on removing James.

-Sherea was totally out of line with her comments and made herself look really foolish on camera. Her exit interview comments are LOL.

-Courtney shot herself in the foot tonight, if she survives in this alliance, she'll be the first to go once they have to start getting rid of their own.

-JRB seems like a total loner in the game unfortunately, I'm really pulling for him though. The way he reacted to an all out attack by courtney was sherea was impressive, he could have made it look a lot worse.

-Agree with comments about the immunity idol, it sorta ruins the purity of the game for sure. Oh and Todd is an idiot for immediately going for the idol in plain site. He knows that he's the only one with all the clues, it was in no danger of being stolen up there. Him and the hot girl could have easily waited for nighttime or early early morning to do their thing but didn't.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:46 AM

Courtney is such a useless bitch, I'll puke if she's allowed to stay any longer. Also I was very happy to see Sheria leave instead of JR - maybe his tactic wasn't as stupid as it looked like after all.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Skinny Twig is probably the most worthless player I've ever seen. You had to know she'd be horrendous at an eating challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

btw. imo JR's tribe (I can't remember the names and I'm too lazy to look it up), has repeatedly made a mistake in letting Courtney sit out in challenges where she at least wouldn't be totally terrible at (although in this episode the tactical choice was a bit different since winning the reward challenge seemed more important than the immunity challenge) - for example this time she would have done ok in the reward challenge I think, so they should have just taken a chance and used her.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 AM

Excellent episode. It would have been top 5 all time if they had pulled off the tank job / immunity idol twist but I was glad to see Sheria go.

Also, I feel that James is very likely going to give back the idol to Todd when they merge. I just think it is in his character to do that. He couldn't even tank a competition as hard as he tried. I was so mad at that janitor lady. Although it looks like they might have lost the competetion anyways in the end.