FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which RB to start?
Julius Jones @ Was 0 0%
Fred Taylor vs. Ten 2 100.00%
Wali Lundy @ NYG 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: This forum needs a makeover

You're right that you didn't say you didn't like the forum, that was just my interpretation of your post. I hope more sharp bettors do post more info here, even as limited as you suggest, as well. And it is hard for a newb to distinguish btw sharp and square advice if the sharps don't explain more.

A lot of the issues as you allude to are basically the signal-to-noise ratio, I think you are spot on in most of what you say. Whenever anyone tries to decrease the noise, that generates more noise for a little while, but the right answer is not to let the noise take over the forum completely, thus making any signal impossible to find.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:12 PM

every single forum here has a signal to noise problem

I think almost every internet forum in existence might, but I haven't read them all
Old 10-02-2007, 12:09 AM

So what's the feedback after the first week?

Keep the experiment of one thread per time period going?

-P
Old 10-02-2007, 12:56 AM

I can't speak for everyone, but I didn't even bother with the threads (save the single game threads).

Trying to dive through a post with 5 pages isn't something I call fun when a forum gladly supports many threads on a specific topic.

From what I can tell, the whole goal was to get rid of the people making "OMG I made a 9 team parlay" or "This is a lock" threads, so I'm still not sure how having a huge thread for early NFL games fixes this.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:00 AM

I like it
Old 10-02-2007, 01:09 AM

I still like the idea of allowing one thread for each game. If you are interested in only one game at a particular time now, you still have to scroll through/scan posts on all other games starting at the same time. Before you could just open the thread for that particular game and ignore the others.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't speak for everyone, but I didn't even bother with the threads (save the single game threads).

Trying to dive through a post with 5 pages isn't something I call fun when a forum gladly supports many threads on a specific topic.

From what I can tell, the whole goal was to get rid of the people making "OMG I made a 9 team parlay" or "This is a lock" threads, so I'm still not sure how having a huge thread for early NFL games fixes this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. I don't care for the new system. Just more BS to sift through.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still like the idea of allowing one thread for each game. If you are interested in only one game at a particular time now, you still have to scroll through/scan posts on all other games starting at the same time. Before you could just open the thread for that particular game and ignore the others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but its not like we need a thread for every game. Just the games that people want to discuss. When some one creates a game thread, it becomes the official thread. Anyone can start it and if anyone tries to post another thread about the same game, lock and link to the original thread.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but its not like we need a thread for every game. Just the games that people want to discuss. When some one creates a game thread, it becomes the official thread. Anyone can start it and if anyone tries to post another thread about the same game, lock and link to the original thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-02-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it so far. Give it a month see what people think then. After one week I don't expect a huge % of people to love it or hate it yet, people gotta get used to it. If most posters hate it, then change it to single game threads.