Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Official Stars Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

as much as there is an advantage to not having an identity, i kinda want one for the sake of establishing myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow. establishing yourself with whom? the internet geeks who jerk off to this forum or the hot girls who sweat your online action?

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone else find it hilarious that TWP sees talented tom take one hand off and immediately labels him a fish? and now he's got the same "everybody is wrong and i'm gonna talk about it an an adamant tone" out of habit even though all he's talkikng about is whether someone sucks cuz they didn't bet Q9 in a limped pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes almost wrote a similar post but then realized everyone is already thinking this.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you people jump from my posting one hand to my making my assessment of his play off of that one hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because when people asked you how you could say TT sucks you said

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe because he plays like this? Classic fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

and posted that hand. I mean, we're not supposed to believe that you think he's a fish from that hand?
[ QUOTE ]
Nice logic, boys. And what's the point in saying "Well, from my experience playing with him at the table, I think that he probably has a few areas to improve." Isn't it just easier to say that he sucks? Anyone with half a brain would know what I meant...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hysterical. Now you're saying you just didn't feel like delving into TT's holes in his game, so you decided it would be more time-efficient to just say he sucks. Except that's not what you actually did: you went through the bother of going through your poker database to find one particular hand out of hundreds or thousands, and the one you picked was him misplaying Q9 for 1BB.

So basically you're back-pedaling while acting indignant and condescending to make it seem like we misinterpreted what was a fairly clear post by you.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe because he plays like this? Classic fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not because he played THIS. Because he plays LIKE THIS.

And obviously these threads are not meant to dissect a single player's holes (not like I would do that anyways). It is just meant to say "yeah, that guy is good." or "nah, that guy blows." And I spent about 1 second looking through my DB. I pulled him up, looked at the first hand he lost, and posted it because I thought he played it poorly.

Yes, you apparently misinterpreted what was a fairly clear post by me. I don't get it. This is some stupid gossip thread and you're taking it like I insulted your mother. I'm sorry if you're Talented Tom and you're pissed that I said you suck. But I really didnt mean it personally. Just my observation from watching Talented Tom play. That's it. This isn't international diplomacy here.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:14 PM

jesus christ both of you stfu.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-13-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-13-2007, 08:07 PM

I'm poly_baller.

Tell me how much I suck, i'm interested to hear. Unless it's about how hard I tilt, because that's pretty obvious.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 PM

I never get mention, I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.... I'll pretend it's good.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never get mention, I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.... I'll pretend it's good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here. Though it's probably more because I've played like five cash game hands on 'stars in the last couple months. I'd imagine if I got mentioned it would be in the context of "spewtard" or "tiltmonkey" or "terrible," though I was up a fair bit at 3/6. Once PT actually finishes loading the cash game window I can look through who I thought was good 2 months ago.

Any thoughts on me?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 PM

awesome thread, pretty much everybody is a very good player and we are in a variance war.

yes some are better than others but the MSNL regs are IMHO among the 99.75th percentile of all pokerplayers.

sometimes I want to go down and play 1/2 and SNGs because I feel like my expected winnings in these MSNL games is too close to even some days because everybody is good and I'm sitting at 8+ tables with the same 4 faces.
Even if I think I have an edge on a regular it is small to begin with and liable to get blurred by variance or timing.

With all that said, the games have seemed way better in the last week than they were all of February.

I really hope party opens back up, or sites become more populous and everything returns close to it once was, I had just started playing an effective MSNL game and had developed a bankroll by the time party closed. argh.

Wish I was born like 1.5 years earlier.