had hooked up with a friend 132 43.00%
had dated a friend 100 32.57%
were engaged to a friend 16 5.21%
were married to a friend 13 4.23%
had divorced a friend 46 14.98%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Re: MFSoaMFP Opening

I thought this thread was going to be about the simple life season finale. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this thread was going to be about the simple life season finale. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
nice
Old 08-17-2006, 07:09 PM

Has anyone heard about the Illusionist with Edward Norton? That appears to be the most competition that Snakes will have? I hadn't heard anything about this movie until I saw it in a preview before Little Miss Sunshine (I never see two movies in a week, but SoaP is worth the second trip) I thought to myself- I hope that comes out soon. I don't think the preview even mentioned it's coming out in 3 days.
Snakes #1 for the weekend!
Old 08-18-2006, 12:39 AM

Just got back from this.

**Spoilerish**

Although it wasn't perfect I was so happy with this movie. Maybe in some ways it couldn't fail. During parts that were really bad I laughed and during parts that were really good I laughed.

The opening I think set it up perfectly though because you can tell from the opening title that they are not taking themselves seriously with this movie which is very important. Another vital part I thought was the audience which everyone may not be so fortunate to have, but you could tell these were the hardcore internet fans. It wasn't a huge audience, but they got noisy at the right times. During the really gruesome bites the crowd would go crazy and of course when Jackson busted out the MF snakes line the crowd went nuts for a good minute.

I really loved it when people would yell stuff at the perfect time. Noone ruined the movie by yelling a lot, but a few well placed yells were awesome. When Jackson asked "Who is going to fly this plane" someone in front of me goes SAMUEL L JACKSON! Then a few moments later when Kenan steps up to fly someone else goes KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENAN. Maybe you had to be there, but it was awesome.

Jackson had some great looks and some of my favorite moments were
"Us people?"
and
"gunna go down faster than a Thai hooker"

Really this was an awesome experience although after opening night and the rabid crowds I'm not sure it quite match tonight. Even after all the hype it was worth it. Thanks Snakes on a Plane and Samuel L Jackson for one awesome night.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:44 AM

is this a good move for me to bring a girl on a date to? Cause that is what I'm doing tomorrow
Old 08-18-2006, 01:00 AM

BEST MOVIE EXPERIENCE EVER!

Theatre was bonkers. People were chanting "SNAKES...SNAKES...SNAKES" during and between every single trailer. The place erupted when we finally got to the movie. People were throwing HUNDREDS of fake snakes around the theater. Every time anything happened a loud HISSSSSSS overtook the theater. The crowd went [censored] insane whenever Sam Jack did ANYTHING. People were wilding the [censored] out. When he finally uttered the line every person in the theater got up and gave him a standing O. Ive never seen anything like it.

The music video during the trailer sealed the deal too, i need to dl that [censored] ASAP.

Bottom line, people love Sam Jack, Planes and Snakes so combining them=gold. This [censored] is gunna make tons of money. I dont know if it was sold out, but the theater held about 460 and there was maybe 10-20 empty seats tops. Best movie night in a while

Snakes On A Plane - **** Out of **** (On a different scale then any other movie.)
Old 08-18-2006, 01:02 AM

As for the opening, between 20-40 mil, id go with 30 if i had to guess right.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:27 AM

Wow. This movie rocked. Dave Koechner definately stole the show.

I was pretty surprised at the turnout where I saw it, only like 10 people in a pretty large theater.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:29 AM

Saw it, it was awesome.

No one who doesn't see it opening night will ever understand.

edit: Me and my friends tailgated in the parking lot playing frisbee, grilling, and drinking beers.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:29 AM

I assume this will do extremely well in areas with high internet access, and not so hot in areas of lower Access.