Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: The Well: the_main

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care what anyone says, i think you're a great player main, and i've always appreciated the professional manner in which you've conducted yourself.

GL with more success in '08 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that means a lot.

You were probably the first reg I ever chatted with, probably about both being DJs. I have a lot of respect for your game as well, and I'm really happy to see your success at higher levels.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care what anyone says, i think you're a great player main, and i've always appreciated the professional manner in which you've conducted yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

DJSky and the_main are like 80% of the reason i read this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

We care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry little guy,

Just extending my kind regard for the OP in his well, I think he's been a tremendous help to my development as a player and I wanted to make mention of it publicly.

Guess it was out of line, my bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is nice to hear as well. Glad I could have some positve influence, though I'm somewhat jealous you've taken it to such greater success at higher levels.

Regardless, I'm always happy when I hear you're the best reg at $400NL because I like to think I have the potential to be as good as you.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DJSky and the_main are like 80% of the reason i read this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

We care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry little guy,

Just extending my kind regard for the OP in his well, I think he's been a tremendous help to my development as a player and I wanted to make mention of it publicly.

Guess it was out of line, my bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it was out of line. I concur with your sentiment about Main and I suspect D does too. This forum has its fair share of really terrific members, yet Main stands out as one the seemingly nicest and most genuine guys around.

Soon we'll be making him blush! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

too late [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thnks main for doin up a well, enjoyed reading the story of how u ended up getting into poker!

1. From what i have played at 200nl people are more aggro when it comes to SB vs BB, what do you suggest for blind vs blind play? I noticed that alot of players would be raising pretty much ATCards. How would you adjust to this? Are you folding more often than not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much treat any SBvsBB battle as HU. I'm a decent HU player, so I know what hands play well.

From the BB facing a SB raise:

First things first, I look at steal %. If its high, I'll 3bet ny hand I would raise (which is a lot). If sb limps, I raise almos 100% of hands.

Folded to me in SB:
I look at fold BB to steal%. If high, I raise anything.
Angainst most I raise 90% of hands out of the SB. The rest I fold... I see no reason to limp. Most people at FRNL fold 90%+ to steal, so its just profitable to raise ATC.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:31 AM

I know if it could be bottled it would sell like gold, but what are some suggestions you have for managing tilt? It is so tough not to associate how we are running with how we are playing strictly from a psychological standpoint. As such, it is such a quick slide from running bad to playing bad. Even at my micro level I find that I get exceedingly frustrated when I'm whiffing every flop, getting raised every time I have nothing more than TP, and just generally can't seem to ever win. Thankfully this doesn't happen all of the time, but what techniques do you use to remember this WHILE it is happening?

Sorry this question became tl;dr. Cliff notes: What strategies do you depend upon to remain mostly tilt-free?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:31 AM

PICSS

my g/f and me:

there are some other pics of me in the official pics thread

My sis is second from left in baby blue:

lol she'd kill me if she knw i posted her pic so don't tell her k?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm spending the afternoon with my girlfriend, we're just about to head out for lunch now. I'll get to all these questions/comments this evening.

Pics too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We had vietamese food and then sexxy time in case anyone was interested.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know if it could be bottled it would sell like gold, but what are some suggestions you have for managing tilt? It is so tough not to associate how we are running with how we are playing strictly from a psychological standpoint. As such, it is such a quick slide from running bad to playing bad. Even at my micro level I find that I get exceedingly frustrated when I'm whiffing every flop, getting raised every time I have nothing more than TP, and just generally can't seem to ever win. Thankfully this doesn't happen all of the time, but what techniques do you use to remember this WHILE it is happening?

Sorry this question became tl;dr. Cliff notes: What strategies do you depend upon to remain mostly tilt-free?

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing more tables has helped me tremendously with tilt. I just don't try to make something out of nothing, because the next +ev situation is right around the corner.

Subsequently, after you've done this a whil and seen things balance out, you become more accepting and understanding of the swings. So yeah, basically experience.

Lastly, if you read my last blog post, I spoke on Anthonty Robbins book, "Unlimited power". It gives all kinds of methods to controling your brain and your state. Several of his techniques and ideas have helped me tremendously latley.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Playing more tables has helped me tremendously with tilt. I just don't try to make something out of nothing, because the next +ev situation is right around the corner.

[/ QUOTE ]

AAA+++
Agree with totally. Even a jump from one table to two as I did will make the trick (for a less experienced player like me).
Old 11-25-2007, 12:49 PM

sister and girlfriend are both =). (and of course i love the main, we all do)