Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Strat Question: pf raise sizing w/ premium hands in EP

Good stuff Albert. I keep re-reading PNLHV1, but still struggle to get my head round how target SPRs fit into nitty tight full ring games.

As br.bm says, I am not sure that we are trying to play monster pots with our big pairs. This is because we are only going to get a low SPR vs. typical opponents if they happen to have a slightly lower monster i.e. AA vs KK. Even when a player 3bets light, they will still typically get away from their hand without going bust, as they won't expect us to call/raise with anything other than what we have - a monster pair.

What we want with AA, KK, QQ, AK is to win a medium pot UI, and to stack someone if we improve beyond 1 pair. Attempting to play for stacks when you hold AA UI is a losing play IMO, vs standard (nitty) FR players. Of course, this is not the case if we can get a massive donator to call - but how many of these are there in NL100/NL200?

So, what SPR should we be targetting if our initial aim is to win a medium sized pot? Does it change? I guess that 13 is still bad, as it allows villains to put us in tricky spots post flop (they don't know that we are initially aiming for half a stack).

As I say, I am still struggling with this!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good stuff Albert. I keep re-reading PNLHV1, but still struggle to get my head round how target SPRs fit into nitty tight full ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]

in nitty tight full ring games, you plan most of your hands around stealing or playing small pots, not planning for commitment.

sorry, but as i have said before, we mildly [censored] up the split between volume 1 and 2. you should not plan all hands around commitment, especially in nitty games. you should still remain very aware of SPRs.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:20 PM

It's ok as long as volume 2 comes out next week [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The "bet pot" button is my best friend

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll admit I haven't read anything in this thread yet, but is it really any more complicated than this?

I mean really, is it?